Several years ago, unable to source suitable training for our own engineering staff, Intrinsys set about developing our own bespoke GD&T training, which is now offered as a commercial course to other engineering companies. As a result Intrinsys are an OEM Endorsed GD&T Training Provider, recognised as an important element for all engineers wanting to achieve engineering chartered status.
The GD&T Training Course provides a comprehensive introduction into how to apply, read and understand technical drawings employing Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing. The GD&T language has been standardised by various technical bodies including ASME, ISO and SANS, see below. In general the basic principles remain the same, with only a few specific differences, which will be outlined.
Our standard course is aligned to:
- ASME Y14.5-2009 International Drawing Standard
- BS 8888
With the following available upon request:
- ASME Y14.5-1994 International Drawing Standard
- SANS 10111 South African National Standard
- ISO International Drawing Standard
After completing this course, engineers will be able to:
- Correctly identify and apply GD&T practices to parts and drawings
- Apply suitable tolerances to mating parts and features, to ensure assembly fit and functionality
- Correctly interpret technical drawings
- Understand the allowable variation in finished part size, as compared to the idealised form
- Understand the inspection methods required to check part suitability
Download the Course Overview: Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.