Duration: 2 days
This course covers the core elements from the Electrical Library, Electrical Harness Installation and Electrical Wire Routing workbenches. Attendees will learn how to create electrical components, incorporate them into a CATIA assembly and route a harness through supports and protective coverings. Wires can then be generated from external electrical definitions. The course includes a mixture of presentation and tutorial, enabling students to gain hands-on experience.
The course covers the following topics:
- Overview of electrical systems design process
- Electrical design terminology
- Creation of electrical components
- Use of catalogues
- Placement of electrical components in assemblies
- Creating and routing electrical harnesses
- Managing electrical harnesses
- Creating protective coverings
- Use of electrical supports
- Routing of wires using external electrical definition data
- Simulating routes
- Managing and exporting wires
Who Should Attend?
Electrical 3D Harness Designers with existing knowledge of Part Design, Assembly Design and Drafting workbenches.
Intrinsys have 2 training facilities available (located in Milton Keynes and Castle Donington) or alternatively, courses can be delivered on the customer’s site.
Intrinsys are a fully accredited Dassault Systèmes Education Partner and are fully industry and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) approved.
The course overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the Course Overview: