Duration: 4 days
Building on the Fundamentals course, CATIA V5 Advanced training takes you to the next level. As well as covering the more advanced capabilities of CATIA such as PowerCopy, this course continues the development of ‘best practice’ methodologies. Students will be equipped to use the ‘Advanced’ features offered by the Part Design workbench and learn how to make use of component catalogs and how to store and create re-usable parameterized features. The course includes a mixture of presentation and tutorial, enabling students to gain hands-on experience.
The course covers the following topics:
- Using 3D reference Elements to create a part
- Creating advanced Sketch-Based Features
- Applying Advanced Dress-Up Features
- Modelling using Boolean operations
- Sharing Designs by working in Multi-Model environment
- Analysing Parts
- Annotating Parts for review
- Creating and reusing advanced replication tools like Power Copies
- Storing components and Power copies into catalog and reuse them in a new context
- Modifying CATIA options in order to optimize performance for large, complex designs
- Managing contextual links between product documents by using publications
- Creating and use parameters to drive a product design
- Creating sections to visualize internal product structure
- Creating scenes and exploded views
- Generating annotations and bills of material for assembly drawings
Who Should Attend?
CATIA V5 Mechanical Design Engineers with a minimum of 6 months use of CATIA V5.
Intrinsys have 2 training facilities available (located in Milton Keynes and Castle Donington) or alternatively, courses can be delivered on the customer’s site.
Intrinsys are a fully accredited Dassault Systèmes Education Partner and are fully industry and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) approved.
The course overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the Course Overview: