Duration: 5 Days
This Composites Design course is intended to provide a comprehensive introduction to the CATIA Composites Design Workbench. Covering both Composites Engineering; the definition of zones, plies, limit contours, staggering, laminate stack, cores, composites/stack information and Composites Manufacture; the producibility analysis, transfer to production tool form, ply flattening, splicing, darting, inspection, ply export and ply book generation. The course includes a mixture of presentation and tutorial, enabling students to gain hands-on experience.
The course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the CPD workbench
- Preliminary design, Composite materials catalog & laminate parameters
- Defining zone groups, zones and transition zones
- Generating and editing a Stack up from zones
- Geometry creation from zones
- Ply creation from zones and manual ply generation
- Limit contour creation/modification and staggering definition
- Creating multiple ply and core groups
- Query the engineering part for ply and stack information
- Geometry creation from plies
- Drawing and reviewing the composite model
- Generation of the manufacturing part
- Production surface replacement and material excess
- Producibility analysis
- Modification for production; splicing and darting
- Ply flattening
- Synchronisation of engineering and manufacturing information
- Ply book generation and ply export
Who Should Attend?
New CATIA V5 Mechanical Designers with a working knowledge of CATIA
Intrinsys have 2 training facilities available (located in Milton Keynes and Castle Donington) or alternatively, courses can be delivered on the customer’s site.
Intrinsys are a fully accredited Dassault Systèmes Education Partner and are fully industry and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) approved.
The course overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the Course Overview: