Duration: 2 days
The user subroutines in Abaqus allow the program to be customized for particular applications. User subroutine UMAT in Abaqus/Standard and user subroutine VUMAT in Abaqus/Explicit allow constitutive models to be added to the program, while user subroutine UEL in Abaqus/Standard and VUEL in Abaqus/Explicit allow the creation of user-defined elements.
Other, less complex user subroutines include:
- DLOAD for specifying user-defined loading
- UVARM for defining a user output variable
- URDFIL for reading the results file during analyses
- SIGINI for specifying initial stress fields
- USDFLD for defining field variable dependence
This course explains when to consider the use of such user subroutines and how to approach their development.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus as well as a working knowledge of the finite element method and programming in either FORTRAN or C.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the course overview: