Duration: 3 days
This course provides an in-depth discussion on solving nonlinear problems in Abaqus/Standard with an emphasis on modelling and convergence-related issues for contact. Convergence issues related to complicated material models and geometrically unstable behaviour are also covered.
This course teaches users how to:
- Understand how nonlinear problems are solved in Abaqus
- Develop Abaqus models that will converge
- Identify modelling errors that cause models to experience convergence difficulties
- Define general contact and contact pairs
- Define appropriate surfaces (rigid or deformable)
- Model frictional contact
- Model large sliding between deformable bodies
- Resolve overclosures in interference fit problems
The hands-on workshops provide ample opportunity to use the concepts developed in the lectures and to learn how to postprocess the results of a contact analysis.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the course overview: