Duration: 4 days
This course is a comprehensive and unified introduction to the modelling and analysis capabilities of Abaqus. The course provides an overview of the fundamentals of FE analysis using Abaqus, in addition to how to use Abaqus/CAE. Delegates will learn how to run, monitor and troubleshoot analysis, how to solve stress-displacement problems and will gain an insight into the advanced features of the code.
The course covers the following topics:
- Linear and nonlinear structural analysis
- Static, dynamic and heat transfer analysis
- Material models: linear elasticity, hyperelasticity and metal plasticity.
- Loads and constraints
- Modeling contact
- Selecting the appropriate elements for your problem
- Feature-based modelling, parts and assemblies
- Working with CAD geometry and imported meshes
- Mesh generation techniques
- Creating, submitting and monitoring analysis jobs
- Viewing simulation results
- Restarting an analysis
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
The course workshops are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures and demonstrations. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual Abaqus analyses.
Who should attend?
New Abaqus users who will primarily use Abaqus/CAE to create their models should attend this seminar. No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but some basic knowledge of finite elements and continuum mechanics is desirable. Also, some familiarity with interactive modelling is helpful but not required.
Download the Course Overview: