Duration: 3 days
Composite materials are used in many design applications because of their high stiffness-to-weight ratios. This seminar shows you how to use Abaqus effectively to model composite materials.
The topics covered include:
- Using detailed modelling of the microscopic behaviour to determine the behaviour of composite materials
- Defining anisotropic elasticity with Hookean models for combining the fiber-matrix response
- Defining composite layups using Abaqus/CAE
- Defining discrete or layered reinforcing within an element using rebars, membrane elements and truss elements
- Achieving the correct material orientation of the layers of composite shells and solid elements
- Modelling sandwich composite structures and stiffened composite panels
- Modelling progressive damage and failure in composites
- Modelling delamination and low-cycle fatigue of composite structures
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the course overview: