fe-safe is the powerful and easy-to-use fatigue postprocessor for Finite Element Analysis (FEA), using proven techniques to accurately determine the fatigue life of metal components under complex cyclic loading. fe-safe combines FEA results for multiple loading conditions from FEA with the cyclic load history to predict the life of the component.
The fe-safe suite of software directly interfacing to all major FEA suites (Abaqus, ANSYS, Nastran (MSC, NEi , NX), Pro/Mechanica) and its capabilities have been developed to meet the most demanding industry applications.
fe-safe includes a database of cyclic material property data, and permits users to add their own property data from fatigue tests. fe-safe reads structural analysis data from, and writes results to, FEA output database.
fe-safe Key Features
- Assemblies of different parts, surface finishes and materials can be analysed in a single run - fe-safe automatically changes the method of analysis as it moves from one material to another
- Highly efficient coding plus parallel and distributed processing allow fe-safe to analyse large FE models and report results quickly
- Advanced multiaxial algorithms are the core of fe-safe
- Unique nodal elimination methods ensure no trade-off between speed and accuracy
- Users consistently report excellent correlation with test results. Continuous development ensures fe-safe® maintains its position as the technology leader
EASY TO USE
- fe-safe has many default settings and automatically selects the most appropriate algorithm based on the selected material
- Standard analyses can be saved making it ideal for the non-specialist fatigue analyst
- fe-safe is highly configurable for the advanced user
- Direct interfaces to leading FEA suites such as Abaqus, ANSYS, I-deas, Nastran (MSC, NEi, NX) and Pro/Mechanica are driven from an intuitive, single screen, Windows-based GUI
With fe-safe as an integrated part of your design process, you have the ability to:
- Optimise designs to use less material
- Reduce product recalls and warranty costs
- Optimise and validate design and test programmes
- Improve correlation between test and analysis within a single user interface
- Reduce prototype test times
- Speed up analysis times, thereby reducing man-time hours
- Increase confidence that your product designs pass their test schedules as “right first time”
*fe-safe is not within the scope of the ISO Certification.
Download the fe-safe brochure: