DesignSight Thermal enables up-front realistic simulation of parts under thermal loading conditions. DesignSight Thermal extends SIMULIA’s family of DesignSight products to enable designers and design engineers to model real-world thermal behaviour. The product simulates single parts under a variety of thermal loading conditions with the goal of providing early insight into thermal performance leading directly to better-engineered and more innovative products.
- Fosters creativity through up-front simulation
- Intuitive user experience
- Provides a 3D lifelike user experience
- Manages simulations automatically leveraging V6 lifecycle management
- Provides high-quality results using Abaqus Multiphysics
- Enables rapid turnaround time in the simulation of large models
- Steady-state thermal simulation on single parts: Determines the temperature and flow of heat through a part that is subject to prescribed temperatures and heat flux loads.
- Proven Abaqus Multiphysics simulation: Uses Abaqus Multiphysics to provide robust and accurate solutions while requiring the user to have only minimal knowledge of simulation technology.
- Accurate results with minimal user input: Underlying the thermal solutions is a mesh of finite elements, and all analysts understand that the solution is only as good as the mesh. While meshing is often treated as an art form only to be handled by meshing experts, DesignSight takes a different approach, utilising Abaqus Multiphysics technology to gives the user a choice between a reasonable solution as quickly as possible or a highly accurate solution using multiple passes of automatic mesh refinement.
- High performance on multi-core workstations and HPC clusters: Leverages Abaqus Multiphysics simulation that is optimised to run in parallel on multiple cores, enabling users to take advantage of the performance of the latest workstations. When a higher level of performance is desired, users can run DesignSight solutions directly on remote HPC clusters using Abaqus Multiphysics tokens. With this approach DesignSight can run very large simulations rapidly without tying up the local workstation.
- Guidance at all times to help the user understand what to do next: The user interface includes the Assistant that provides valuable information and tips related to the current context. For example, when applying loads, the Assistant explains what types of geometry can be selected and what load types are available.
Back to SIMULIA V6R2013x