Provide powerful surface-based tools to help designers create styled shapes and surfaces efficiently with automated multi face curvature and tangency management.
CATIA - Freestyle Shaper 2 (FSS) provides powerful easy to use surface-based tools to help designers create styled shapes, enabling even casual users to easily smooth and trim curves and surfaces. Real-time quality checking is possible through extensive industry-oriented curve and surface diagnosis tools to ensure quality.
- Integrates styling and production surface design
- Provides tools to dynamically and easily create shape and surface designs
- Presents extensive curve and surface diagnosis tools for real time visual quality checking
- Enables dynamic, interactive shape deformation
- Generates native high quality surfaces
- Propagates surface modifications to related topology
- Addresses hybrid modeling requirements through integration with other CATIA products
- Allows design in context of the Digital Mock-up in a multiple part environment
- Interoperable with Version 4 data and applications
- Offers the same ease of use and user interface consistency as all CATIA V5 applications
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Rapid Shape and Surface Designing: The CATIA FreeStyle Shaper 2 (FSS) drastically simplifies the shape design process by unifying all types of free-form curves and surfaces in a single math-free representation. With the comfortable Windows interface, intuitive surface sculpting and real-timediagnosis and visualization, designers are able to reduce their design cycle time.
- No Data Conversion: CATIA Version 5 FreeStyle Shaper 2 offers a consistent approach to conceptual shape design and production surface design. Industries requiring industrial design will save design cycle time by avoiding data conversion between several systems.
- Flawless, Styled Shapes: Designers can create flawless, styled shapes from scratch or with digitized data, in order to model three-dimensional free-form curves and surfaces. The system can blend and extrude curves, fill, and blend or match surfaces. Users have total control over all levels of continuity up to G2 curvature continuity. Ultimately, the system enables the use of a pure surface-based approach that minimizes the need for curve manipulation.
- Real-Time Visual Quality Control: FreeStyle Shaper 2 provides immediate visual quality control through extensive and associative real-time curve and surface diagnosis tools. These tools include:
- Environment mapping
- Pixel isophote mapping
- Porcupine analysis of curvature
- Dynamic cutting plane
- Connection checker
- Surface/element distance analyzer
- Draft mapping analysis
- Curvature mapping analysis
- Quality and Aesthetic Control: Interactive shape deformation allows users to easily adjust their designs. Designers change the shapes by matching, smoothing and trimming curves and surfaces. Users intuitively modify control points on shapes and trimmed surface boundaries with direct mouse-based manipulation. Deformation laws on the control points refine the actions.
- Math-Free Representations with Associative Propagation: FreeStyle Shaper 2 uses a unified math-free representation for all types of free-form curves, surfaces, trimmed surfaces or trimmed surface boundaries. It still preserves the full power of the underlying NURBS (non-uniform, rational B-splines), B?ier and other supported representations. This allows for the direct manipulation of bodies with associative propagation of surface modifications on all related topology.
- Full Product Integration: Designers often have to model hybrid parts that involve a combination of mechanical features and free-form shapes. FreeStyle Shaper 2 combines with the CATIA V5 Part Design 2 and Assembly Design 2 products to address this hybrid modeling requirements. This unique approach allows a seamless design in context of an environment composed of mechanical parts.
- CATIA Version Compatibility: FreeStyle Shaper 2 is interoperable with CATIA Version 4 data and applications. Existing V4 customers know their investment is protected because FreeStyle Shaper 2 can migrate in their existing V4 design features: curves, surfaces, faces, skins and clouds of points. Conversely, V4 applications can use V5 shapes for functions such as analysis, manufacturing, digital mock-ups and assembly design.
- Ease Of Use: In addition to the unique ease of use of CATIA V5, FreeStyle Shaper 2 offers a fast, keyboard free, sketch-like surface creation and manipulation allowing designers to unleash their creativity while sculpting shapes.