Perform DMU verification using interference detection and 3D geometry comparison tools
DMU Space Analysis 1 (SP1) performs interference detection and 3D geometry comparison for DMU verification. It computes clash, clearance, and contact information and enables users to view conflict details. 3D geometries can also be compared and the result can be visualized in a dedicated viewer where sectioning and measurement on the section are available to further understand and assess differences between them.
DMU Space Analysis allows validation of designs by ensuring a better understanding of the problems for quick solving. It addresses populations involved in digital mockup review and product packaging processes and can be used all along the product life cycle, from the design in context to the maintenance review.
DMU Space Analysis is capable of handling digital mockups of all sizes from consumer goods assemblies to very large automotive, aerospace, plant, ships or heavy machinery mock-ups. Section view of a mechanical component (V5R8) Click to enlarge
- Interactively checks interferences
- Compares 3D geometry, visualizes the result in a dedicated viewer, perform sectioning on the 3D comparison and take measurements on the section
- Integrates with CATIA- DMU Navigator 1 (DN1) for space computation on large assemblies
- Provides a set of exact measurements on and between products, parts and features
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Interference checking: The user can interactively perform interference checking computations between parts for clash, clearance, and contact, and visualize conflict details (parts in conflict and intersection curves).
- Section viewer: The Section Viewer allows to annotate and analyze the section results. A grid can be created with absolute and relative coordinates. Dress-up capabilities allow to annotate and measure section results.
- 3D geometry comparison: The user can define two parts or assemblies to compare. The comparison can either be done in a visual comparison mode or a geometry comparison mode. Whereas the visual comparison mode offers faster and finer accuracy, the 3D geometry comparison can be performed in batch mode through VB script. Once computed, the differences between the two parts or assemblies can be visualized in a dedicated viewer. In addition, a sectioning capability is available inside the compare command, providing users with the ability to section the comparison results, browse the section, make measurements on the section, access additional information for a thorough inspection and a better assessment of the differences between the 2 objects.
- Measurement: DMU Space Analysis 1 provides a set of exact measurements on and between products, parts and features. Integration with CATIA - DMU Navigator (DN1). When used with CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 (DN1), DMU Space Analysis 1 can perform space computation on large assemblies.