Provide advanced fasteners technology validation and documentation capabilities.
DMU Fastening Review 2 (FAR) is dedicated to the validation and the documentation of fasteners in the frame of the collaborative automotive Body in White fasteners process. This product suits both to company teams, such as DMU, Product Synthesis and Structural Analysis, and to product design suppliers, as part designers and prototype makers.
- Provides a comprehensive set of tools to validate fasteners
- Enables complete fasteners documentation creation
Product Key Customer Benefits
DMU Fastening Review 2 (FAR) provides users with a comprehensive set of tools to validate fasteners. The assessment and the validation of those essential components are made through four mains capabilities, including the ability to:
- Visualize: Users can visualize and navigate on fasteners created within CATIA - Automotive Body-In-White Fastening 3 (ABF) product. This includes the ability to : search fasteners by properties; select fasteners interactively either in the geometry or in the specification tree; activate instant graphical message to display on which parts the fasteners is connected with.
- Measure: Users benefit from the rich 3D product definition with capabilities for measuring (measure item and measure between) and sectioning.
- Check design: DMU Fastening Review 2 (FAR) product provides users with a rule-based fasteners' design analysis tool. This enables users to check the compliance of fasteners with company standards. These standards are defined in the BiW Fastening Parameters and include very specific parameters such as thickness count, joined thicknesses normal alignment and spot border distance to flange edge.
- Simulate mechanical behavior: DMU Fastening Review 2 (FAR) offers to analysis specialists a seamless collaboration with the V5 Analysis solution for complete Finite Element Analysis of fasteners
In addition, DMU Fastening Review 2 (FAR) enables users to generate complete fasteners documentation. They can easily:
- Review & Publish fasteners: DMU Fastening Review 2 (FAR) provides a set of DMU review capabilities enabling a user to enrich models with viewpoints, annotations and markers. DMU publishing functionalities enable also users to create easily html views from the fastening review.
- Generate complete reports on fasteners
- Create fasteners drawings: DMU Fastening Review 2 (FAR) offers users a seamless collaboration with the V5 Drafting solution for complete documentation on fasteners.