Access, visualize, and browse 3D NC Manufacturing data from CATIA V5 and previous versions.
CATIA NC Manufacturing Review 2 (NCG) offers basic NC capabilities such as tool path verification, material removal simulation, remaining material analysis, tool path edition and creation of shopfloor documentation. It provides the infrastructure for all V5 NC programming products and allows NC programmers or machine operators to review V5 part operations. Furthermore, different manufacturing data such as APT files, CL files and ISO code can be imported and reviewed. NCG also allows the reuse of CATIA V4 NCMILL and NCLATHE programs.
- Common Infrastructure for all CATIA V5 NC programming products
- Tool path verification including material removal simulation and photo mode remaining material analysis
- Tool path edition and creation of shopfloor documentation
- Review of CATIA V5 part operations, import and review of APT and CL files or ISO code
- Reuse of CATIA V4 NCMILL and NCLATHE programs: import, browse, review and modify NC sets by addition (or replacement) of V5 operations
- Collaborative solution to optimize PLM solutions strengths
Product Key Customer Benefits
- A Common Infrastructure for NC Programming: CATIA NC Manufacturing Review 2 (NCG) provides the infrastructure and for all CATIA V5 NC programming products and CAA partner products for NC programming. It offers basic NC capabilities for toolpath review and edition as well as for the creation of shopfloor documentation. CATIA V5 NCG is a software prerequisite for all V5 NC programming products.
- Integrated Material Removal Simulation: In addition to the standard tool path replay (tool tip point or contact point) the NC programmer has access to enhanced tool path verification capabilities such as material removal simulation and remaining material analysis. Due to the integration of this capabilities into CATIA, a very accurate review of the tool path can be done during or immediately after NC programming thus increasing productivity in NC program creation.
- Tool path edition and Automatic shopfloor documentation: Information on the NC program - like a description of the machining sequence or a list of cutting tools used - can be stored automatically in a shopfloor documentation. The documentation is generated in HTML format and can be customized according to company standards.
Information on the NC program - like a description of the machining sequence or a list of cutting tools used - can be stored automatically in a shopfloor documentation. The documentation is generated in HTML format and can be customized according to company standards.
- Review CATIA V5 Part Operations, Import and Review of APT Files, CL Files or ISO Code: In most cases, NC programming supervisors or machine operators do not have a need for a full equipped CATIA V5 NC seat. NCG allows them to review V5 part operations by browsing machining operations with all information on machining strategy, cutting tools, feeds and speeds, approach and retract macros and associated geometry.
NCG enables to import any NC program available in APT file, CL file or ISO code and review it in a 3D graphic environment. The user can replay the tool path replay and simulate the material removal. Modifications can be done by tool path editing. Output can be generated in a new format whatever the import data format was.
- Reuse of CATIA V4 NCMILL and NCLATHE Programs: In order to maintain NC programs created with CATIA V4 NCMILL or NCLATHE, NCG allows to import V4 NC sets in V5 part operations. NCMILL machining operations can be browsed in order to review machining options, cutting tools and associated geometry. With CATIA V5 programming products (xMG) the program can be completed with V5 machining operations.
- Collaborative solution to optimize PLM solutions strengths: As demonstrated above, CATIA NC Manufacturing Review 2 (NCG) is the core product of the CATIA Machining solution. For that reason, NCG is also embedding most of the powerful CATIA Machining collaborative capabilities.
- The complete process chain is covered from Project Definition in the Manufacturing Hub (DELMIA Process Engineer database) down to NC Output generation. This helps managing Process and Ressource data as well as bringing tools to decision process support, Cost analysis processes, Line Balancing Processes, etc.
- Entry PLM solution for the Management of NC Related documents and links in coordination with SMARTEAM solutions
- Tool Assembly Management (Catalogs, Walter Tool Data Management) and also Tool Lists Management from Walter TDM can be performed thanks to NCG.
- Concurrent Part programing and NC Programs reuse for several users is highly efficient thanks to the powerful Copy Paste mechanisms across CATProcess documents for Part Operations, Programs, Operations and Resources.