Provide highly productive global rough to finish machining strategies for structural prismatic multi-cavity parts
CATIA - Multi-pocket Machining 2 (MPG) delivers a unique on the market process focused solution to machine multi-cavity parts such as mechanical prismatic parts or aerospace structural parts. This breakthrough solution delivers to NC programmers the possibility to machine multi-cavity parts with a mix of roughing and finishing toolpaths. This power machining operation enables to machine the part in a global and automatic way that drastically reduces the programming time. In addition, CATIA - Multi-Pocket Machining 2 (MPG) takes advantage of the CATIA V5 standard Knowledgware capabilities and the associativity with CATIA design products allows efficient change management.
- Global and automatic machining strategy for multi-cavity parts
- High level of automation and standardization by capture and reuse of proven manufacturing know-how
- Associativity with CATIA design tools for efficient design change management
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Global and automatic machining strategy for multi-cavity parts: Today the programming time needed to machine this kind of parts seems far too long and can be very tedious to NC Programmers. The new CATIA - Multi-pocket Machining 2 (MPG) delivers a unique on the market process focused solution to machine multi-cavity parts such as mechanical prismatic parts or aerospace structural parts. With CATIA V5, you are able to reduce progamming machine time (from a multi-days needed time to a multi-minutes multi-hours time) for multi-cavity parts by reducing the number of additional machining geometries, the time on operation definition and by improving the update process. Moreover the quality of machining results are drastically enhanced specially for multi-cavity parts with thin walls. Used in combination with CATIA - Prismatic Machining 2 (PMG) or CATIA - 3 Axis Surface Machining 2 (SMG) or CATIA - Advanced Machining 2 (AMG) products, MPG delivers to the user a groundbreaking solution that will boost the productivity of the multi-cavities parts machining process.
- High level of automation and standardization by capture and reuse of proven manufacturing know-how: The user can define and store machining processes for multi pocket machining operations in CATIA catalogs, and apply them to part geometry or to design features. By this, the company know-how can be capitalized and reused for efficient programming. NC objects and attributes can be handled as knowledgeware objects in order to increase the level of automation and standardization.
- Associativity with CATIA design tools for efficient design change management: Integrated in the PPR data model CATIA NC offers a high level of associativity product engineering, manufacturing processes and resources. Thus, CATIA allows an high efficiency in concurrent engineering and best support of design changes or design variants and a rapid creation of programs for families of parts.