Define structural design elements and materials used to build military and commercial ships.
After the Conceptual design, CATIA - Structure Functional Design 2 (SFD) provides a set of tools for structure designers who must complete their preliminary-draft before getting into the detailed design operations.
CATIA - Structure Functional Design 2 (SFD) enriches CATIA Compartment & Access (CAN) supporting the initial structural definition of the interior of 3D volumes. For shipbuilders, these tools are used to develop the ships scantling, (i.e. the way the ship is stiffened). For large equipment designers, these tools are used to define the initial materials to build vessels, tanks or other interior elements. CATIA - Structures Functional Design 2 (SFD) functions define plate thickness, adding stiffeners and pillars or stanchions. Users can then calculate the strength of the structure, to get required approval of the basic design to extract early weight, material and labor estimates.
SFD brings a strong bridge between Functional Design and Manufacturing Process by integrating the functional volumes definition and the planning breaks creations at an early stage of the Design.
SFD is implementing all the Window Shortcuts ( Copy Paste, Cut , etc ..) on all the Structure Shipbuilding Classes, allowing unprecedented productivity and easy learning-curve.
- Provides an easy method for comparing 'what if' scenarios for subdividing complex spaces and compartments
- Extensive modeling of any kind of shape : stiffener, on free edge, pillars, beams, panel and other plate-like material such as sheet and plate steel
- Integration with CATIA - Structure Design 1 (SR1) for downstream process (route to manufacturing)
- Industry standard structures elements: stiffeners, pillars and standard parts and openings catalogs
- Special report, full integration with knowledgeware
- Integration with Generative Drafting application to support a classification drawing
- Integrated with ENOVIA Version 5 Penetration Management
- Integration with ENOVIA Version 5 VPM Navigator
Product Key Customer Benefits
- CATIA - Structures Functional Design 2 (SFD) was developed to bridge the needs of conceptual designers who consider overall project optimization with those of detailed structural designers who focus on efficiency and performance in detailing.
- Setup Catalogs are provided: Setup Catalogs are provided and when used with standard parametric catalogs through design table for sections, and Material Information. The result can be a significant increase in design productivity and standardization of design practices.
- Definition of the functional molded form from the conceptual surface: User can define one or several functional molded forms from one geometrical surface (conceptual surface or not) according to the different stiffening systems. CATIA - Structures Functional Design 2 (SFD), when used with CATIA - Compartment & Access (CNA) preserves design intent and specifications captured early in earlier project phases.
- New shipbuilding grid: The addition of Project Reference Planes to the Project definition accelerates the design process. The grid helps the user to better locate where the design should occur and reduces the number of Errors.
- Functional plates: They are created from functional areas. Users can define openings and insert plates. For shipbuilders, simple sketches can define openings in decks and bulkheads. Similar sketching tools apply to strake plating blankets, to divide into smaller plates of homogeneous material definition. This is an easy and intuitive way to generate functional plates for the user.
- Functional Stiffeners: Traces can be performed from a projection of reference plans or surfaces. Twisted stiffeners can be defined normal to a surface, or parallel to a given plane. The advantage is that associative stiffeners are automatically updated when user add or move cutout.
- Functional Pillars: created from a set of longitudinal/transversal plans and bottom/top surfaces. User can easily and automatically generate a set of Functional Pillars with this highly productive and intuitive tool.
- Functional Beams: created from the selection of guiding curve or using point points method.