Integrates and exchanges electrical product, systems and structural design information during the product definition.
CATIA V5 Equipment and Systems Solutions provides a set of products allowing simultaneous design and integration of electrical, fluid and mechanical systems within a 3D digital mock-up while optimizing space allocation. It includes products for optimizing plant layouts, creation of circuit boards and design of structural products. These solutions enrich your product design in any industry. For examples, fuel / brake systems for aircraft and automotive, HVAC / piping for shipbuilding and chemical & petroleum industries, tooling structure for industrial machinery, circuit boards for consumer goods.
Equipment & Systems Engineering Domain Overview
- A set of Electrical products to address 2D and 3D requirements: CATIA V5 Electrical products provide the tools needed to manage the electrical behavior of components and their integration into the 3D digital mock-up. A bi-directional interface between CATIA Version 5 and electrical CAD systems provides mechanical parts and assemblies with electrical behavior in order to define electrical devices and also manage the definition of electrical wires within the digital mock-up. A relationship can be set between 2D logical design and 3D digital mock-up to ensure consistency of both schematic and physical representation.
- An advanced common platform for all CATIA V5 Diagramming applications: A base for all diagramming applications such as CATIA Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and CATIA HVAC Diagrams, this is the common platform for all 2D logical schematic tools. Integrated into the rest of the CATIA V5 platform, it allows the user to define relationships between the 2D logical design and 3D allocation.
- Create, manage analyze and document Equipment and Systems: CATIA V5 provides a complete set of tools to satisfy the life cycle requirements of manufacturing plant equipment designs, tubing, piping and HVAC design.
- Manages and optimizes space allocation for equipment and systems: Users can create and manage their systems pathways to ensure space reservations and allocations. Using these products customers can optimize their electrical systems routing layouts and have them automatically routed through the pathways following their functional definition.
- High productivity in Ship design and systems integration: The consistent and scalable nature of the CATIA V5 applications delivers unprecedented capability for large-scale projects. CATIA V5 supports shipbuilding with specific applications for key processes in the ship design life cycle, while many other CATIA V5 applications include features that support requirements specific to the industry. Specification-driven design ensures compliance with project standards; 2D logical design can drive the 3D definitions to prevent, for example, placing 3D equipment if it is not part of the 2D P&ID diagram. From virtual product to virtual plant Plant layout combines the disciplines of civil engineering and manufacturing engineering in one seamless approach.
|These products are available in several platform levels||P1||P2||P3|
|CATIA - Circuit Board Design 1||CBD|
|CATIA - Systems Routing||SRT|
|CATIA - Systems Space Reservation||SSR|
|CATIA - ELECTRICAL 3D DESIGN & DOCUMENTATION||EC1|
|CATIA - Electrical Library||ELB|
|CATIA - Electrical Wire Routing||EWR|
|CATIA - Electrical Harness Installation||EHI|
|CATIA - Electrical Harness Flattening||EHF|
|CATIA - Electrical Connectivity Diagrams||ELD|
|CATIA - Electrical Cableway Routing||ECR|
|CATIA - Systems Diagrams||SDI|
|CATIA - Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams Diagrams||PID|
|CATIA - HVAC Diagrams 2 (HVD)||HVD|
|CATIA - HVAC Design||HVA|
|CATIA - Piping Design||PIP|
|CATIA - Tubing Design||TUB|
|CATIA - Tubing Diagrams||TUD|
|CATIA - Waveguide Design||WAV|
|CATIA - Waveguide Diagrams||WGD|
|CATIA - Hanger Design||HGR|
|CATIA - Raceway & Conduit Design||RCD|
|CATIA - Equipment Arrangement||EQT|
|CATIA - Structure Functional Design||SFD|
|CATIA - Ship Structure Detail Design||SDD|
|CATIA - Compartment & Access 2||CNA|
|CATIA - Plant Layout||PLO|