Don't miss the opportunity to attend this free one day seminar presented by experienced technical specialists from Intrinsys Ltd, PLMCC, Dassault Systèmes and the CPUT who will provide you with a valuable insight into the impact the latest PLM technologies is having in industry and how businesses can benefit from product innovation, reduced time to market and improved bottom line performance.
PLM and the innovative use of 3D technology are driving critical improvements in business. Dassault Systèmes, 'The 3D Experience Company,' is leading the market with its portfolio of technologies and its application within key market sectors. For some time now, we have benefited from the application of 3D technology to help engineer products. More recently PLM has helped meet the needs of businesses through live collaborative working and secure information sharing. Furthermore the application of 3D visualisation has helped drive the requirement for 3D life like experience to investigate the limits of a product life cycle that exists in a virtual environment long before it is released as manufactured product.
This seminar will review the opportunities for businesses to deploy these PLM systems as an innovation tool to improve the performance of their products, to create strong collaborative links with partners and customers and to exploit the knowledge they have in their business.
10:30 Welcome and Introduction
- What is Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)?
- What benefits can industry expect to achieve through the deployment of PLM?
- What are the major elements of a PLM system?
- Presentation of a typical engineering process, managed within PLM, from project definition to production support
- Demonstration of the application of PLM for the design and manufacture of drug packaging within a pharmaceutical company
- Project specification
- Concept design
- Application of knowledge based design to define blister packaging
- Generation of detail design and drawings with the application of 3D Master GD&T
- Revision control for design through lifecycle management
- 3D rendering of design
- Finite Element Analysis
- Automatic creation of N/C machine code for tooling manufacture
- Data sharing via supplier portal
- What is required to make the jump to PLM?
12:30 Free Buffet and Networking opportunity
13:30 Interactive Workshop session
Who is it for?
- New to PLM - Those wanting to understand how PLM and the 3D virtual environment can positively impact their business.
- Existing users of PLM -Those wanting to explore the potential developments of their existing systems and how a unified approach might impact how they operate.
Dassault Systèmes provides businesses and people with the tools to develop virtual products and maintain sustainable innovation. Its world-leading 3D design software, 3D digital Mock-Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions transform the way products are designed, produced and supported. www.3ds.com
Intrinsys uniquely combines an engineering consultancy with a highly recognised PLM solutions provider and software consultancy. It frequently works with academic institutions to drive the development of unigue solutions to the problems faced by its global client base. www.intrinsys.com
PLMCC based at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology focuses on education, training and research in PLM based technologies. The PLMCC South Africa is the 4th centre of its kind globally after already existing ones in India, Brazil and Mexico. www.cput.ac.za www.plmcc.fr
Wednesday 22 May 2013
The Product Lifecycle Management Competency Centre (PLMCC) at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), Cape Town
10:00am to 4:00pm
For more information
call us on +27 83 551 5216
or email us
Hanover Square, Corner of Hendrik Potgieter & 8th Street, Edenvale, Johannesburg
t: +27 83 551 5216
f: +27 (0) 11 881 5611