A Dassault Systèmes License Server (DSLS) tool is used to supply licences to Dassault Systèmes software, including CATIA, ENOVIA, DELMIA and SIMULIA. The licence itself can be CONCURRENT (server based) or NODELOCKED (local machine based). The licence file is generated using a unique key called the PC-ID, which is derived from the MAC address of the physical network adapter. In order to obtain the PC-ID, a utility can be run. The PC-ID must be provided when applying for a new licence and must be of the machine that the licence will be issued for.
How to obtain your PC-ID
- Download the DSLS PC-ID extraction tool
- Browse to the directory where the extraction tool has been downloaded.
- Right click on the .zip file and select Extract All...
- Place the files on the user’s desktop and select Show extracted files when complete before selecting Extract.
- The extracted folder will contain two files. Please open DSLS-PCID.cmd
- This will have generated a Text file called DSLS-PCID.txt on the local desktop. Please send this file to the requester.