As we switch to the new 3DEXPERIENCE R2017x, it’s recommended that you remove all 3DEXPERIENCE R2016x code previously installed on your machine and that you clean up your system.
Below are the steps you need to follow to resolve issues when installing updated rich applications:
Remove previous thick client installation(s)
1) Remove all the previous installations from the Add/Remove Programs function available from Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (you can remove Prerequisites as well).
2) Delete the installation directory if it was not removed by the Uninstall process. Example default installation directories include:
- C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\3DExperience SolidWorks
- C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B418
- C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\<x>418<Dxx> (with any other letter)
Note : If your installation failed, think about deleting the installation keys in the Windows registry (only after execution of the other steps!):
- Open the registry
- Windows Start menu > Run > “regedit”
- At this step you are strongly invited to perform a Backup before going any further on the clean process. For that, use File / Export and save the file locally.
- Locate the installation registry key
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Dassault Systèmes > V6
- Remove the “B418” entry and all its sub-keys
- Or Remove the « <x>418<Dxx> » in case another naming was used
3) Remove 3DEXPERIENCE R2016x client shortcuts created on desktop, if some exist.
Application launch and use
In the case that you experience issues while using the application, please consider the following steps:
- Empty the working cache
- Make sure to empty all Browser/Java cache, CATTemp and CATSettings before launching new a setup
Browser / Java Cache
Clear the Cache using the Java Control Panel available from Windows Control Panel >Java
For more information or if you have any questions, please leave a comment below or email our helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CATIA V5 has been revitalised for 2018 and beyond, with the introduction of "Power’By" 3DEXPERIENCE (available February 2018)...