Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000
Intrinsys' sister company Integral Powertrain are looking for an ambitious Workshop Technician.
Integral Powertrain are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles.
Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, our engineers create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger and off highway vehicles and motorsport.
Our Workshop Technicians play an intrinsic part in building the products we develop, turning our ideas into working prototypes ready for testing and then building the finished product.
- Liaising with engineers to specify build requirements and procedures and assist with planning
- Assembly of powertrain systems, using jigs and fixtures in the case of production systems
- Following quality system generated build procedures, where applicable, and feeding back any procedure issues
- Inspection of incoming components and reporting stock levels for re-ordering
- Fabrication and machining work as required
- Completing build records for traceability
- Conducting tests on sub-assemblies and in-vehicle assemblies. These would typically involve both mechanical and electrical tests and result/data recording
- A relevant practically based mechanical or electrical qualification (at least NVQ 4 or equivalent)
- Experience in a motorsport, automotive or similar precision prototype or low volume production and development environment, ideally with some experience of building electric motors or similar
- Assembly experience with some machining and/or fabrication experience
- Working inspection capability
- Working knowledge of electrical circuits, some electrical testing experience would be preferred
- Basic computer literacy with experience of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Good communication skills and team player
As an employee of Integral Powertrain, you would be entitled to an excellent benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, health and life assurance. Read more about the company benefits.
Applying For This Position:
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the job is located.