Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Intrinsys' sister company Integral Powertrain are looking for a Technical Buyer.
Integral Powertrain (IP) is a powertrain specialist that undertakes key design and development projects supporting OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers. We are experiencing substantial growth resulting from successful programmes related to next generation engines, hybrid technologies and electric traction motors.
Main purpose of the role:
Reporting directly to the Purchasing & Quality Manager, but also accountable to key project personnel, this role focuses on sourcing and ordering complex technical components and materials to often tight deadlines.
To procure technically challenging prototype and low-volume production components and materials to time critical deadlines and exact specifications. To source from approved vendors and to identify suitable new vendors where required.
- Purchasing for specific projects or programmes to support project needs of timing, quality, specification and cost.
- Identifying suitable suppliers and securing forward capacity.
- Support project team meetings and information flow. This will involve working cross-functionally with other departments and internal customers (e.g. Engineering, Prototype Build, Stores etc.)
- Responding to Engineering Change requirements and ordering the required components in line with Engineering Releases and required timing.
- Support the expediting of purchased components where necessary to achieve due date adherence. Resolving or escalating any issues as required.
- Loading Purchase orders in line with best practise and company procedures
- Monitor suppliers’ performance and competitiveness.
- Expedite part and maintain up to date delivery dates on system.
- Effectively negotiate the price of technical products ensuring the best acquisition cost.
- Keep a close control of the stock levels
Desired competencies & experience:
- Ability to prioritise and manage complex multiple tasks in a calm and flexible manner.
- Experience of Purchasing in a similar environment (such as Motorsport or Rapid Prototyping would be an advantage as would full CIPS Membership or significant study towards it.
- Good understanding of technical drawings and bills of materials and possess a knowledge of precision manufacturing processes and materials.
- Confident in negotiating price / lead time balance in order to maximise the value of the outcome for the company.
- Previous experience of SAGE or similar operating systems.
- Technical understanding of production processes, lead time and cost drivers
Experience of sourcing the following processes:
- Precision Machined Components & Turned Parts
- Wire eroded parts
- Castings and Machining thereof
- Printed Circuit Boards and Wiring Assemblies
- Magnetic Components
- Multi Stage Components
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the job is located.