Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Start Date: Immediate
Intrinsys' sister company Integral Powertrain are looking for a Software and Validation, Verification Engineer.
Integral Powertrain (IP) is a powertrain specialist that undertakes key design and development projects supporting OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers. We are experiencing substantial growth resulting from successful programmes related to next generation engines, hybrid technologies and electric traction motors.
As a Software and Validation, Verification Engineer you will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in software development and verification & validation. You will join the team developing test procedures and you will be able to influence decisions on which tools and methods to use.
The team is growing and moving from a prototype driven environment to a production code development method. We are not afraid of changing how we work and what we do to become more efficient and to deliver better software. Hence there are lots of interesting areas or domains that a successful candidate can impact within the team as well as the company. There is a good path for development and growth within the company. We are looking for an individual who pays good attention to detail, is logical and has an analytical mind-set, with strong problem-solving skills.
You will have significant industry experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of software development and testing. In return you will join a team of highly skilled engineers working at a high technical level and have the opportunity to work on a broad range of truly innovative high profile technologies.
The projects undertaken span a multitude of domains, such as mechanical, electrical, software and product validation and testing, customer liaison and R&D. We engage in all of these and have a high technical expertise and focus in-house. This is a rare strength and makes Integral Powertrain stand out.
- Verification and Validation of controls software
- Control software improvements
- Developing test, build & integration environment
- Delivery and maintenance of automated static & dynamic analysis, code compliance
- Implementation of test scripts
- Unit and integration testing
- Document all tests carried out
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) test and simulation development
- Participating / contributing to design reviews of software and functionality
- Managing / coordinating engineering changes and maintain detailed design records
- Support team lead for software release and test schedule
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Undergraduate level (or equivalent) in Electronics / Software Engineering.
- Highly proficient in C, ideally for 32 bit microprocessors
- Proven experience in automated test procedures development
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle phases & practice
- MISRA-C experience
- Pro-active and results driven, with a can-do attitude.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Used to working in multi-disciplinary team
- MATLAB & Simulink user
- Mathworks Embedded Coder toolbox
- Experience of developing control algorithms for real-time embedded systems; preferably in automotive applications.
- Software-in-the-loop (SiL) test and simulation
- Revision Control and Change Management software (DOORS / JIRA e.g)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins etc.)
- Debugging tools / JTAG
- PC-lint or similar tool
- OBD Diagnostics J1979
- ControlDesk / AutomationDesk
- ISO 26262
- Safety and regulatory requirements
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the job is located.