Location: Milton Keynes
Apply Now: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main purpose of the role:
To coordinate and progress company-wide Health & Safety activities, Support and advise the company on all aspects of Health and Safety, and to carry out risk assessments for both in-house and contractor activities.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of COSHH assessments.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Coordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Liaise with HR in the provision of training programmes for health and safety.
- Organise and chair the H&S group meetings, ensuring that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Liaise with external health and safety consultants and auditors.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
Required Skills / Experience:
- You will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or working towards this accreditation
- COSHH trained
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar position – ideally within an engineering / manufacturing environment – involving carrying out H&S investigations, creating, implementing and maintaining H&S procedures and policies.
Applying For This Position:
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the job is located. Read more about the company benefits.