Duration: 3 days
This course is a comprehensive and unified introduction to the modelling and analysis capabilities of Abaqus. The course provides an overview of the fundamentals of FE analysis using Abaqus, in addition to how to use Abaqus/CAE. Delegates will learn how to run, monitor and troubleshoot analysis, how to solve stress-displacement problems and will gain an insight into the advanced features of the code.
The course covers the following topics:
- Overview of Abaqus
- Working with Geometry in Abaqus
- Working with Models Created Outside Abaqus
- Material and Section Properties
- Assemblies in Abaqus
- Steps, Output, Loads & Boundary Conditions
- Meshing Imported and Native Geometry
- Job Management and Results Visualization
- Linear Static Analysis
- Adding Material and Geometric Nonlinearity
- Multistep Analysis in Abaqus
- Constraints and Connections
- Dynamic Analysis
- Analysing Highly Nonlinear Quasi-Static Problems
- Heat Transfer and Thermal-Stress Analysis
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
The course workshops are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures and demonstrations. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual Abaqus analyses.
Who should attend?
New Abaqus users who will primarily use Abaqus/CAE to create their models should attend this seminar. No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but some basic knowledge of finite elements and continuum mechanics is desirable. Also, some familiarity with interactive modelling is helpful but not required.
Download the Course Overview: