Model Editor enables 3rd party simulation data management for V6 product assemblies. SIMULIA Model Editor extends SIMULIA’s family of Simulation Lifecycle Management products to enable designers, design engineers, and simulation analysts to work concurrently in a collaborative, managed, and open environment. Analysts using their choice of simulation tools can safely modify the product assembly for simulation purposes without impacting the work of designers, and synchronise on-demand when there are design changes. Model Editor provides a rich 3D environment for managing 3rd party simulation data and its relationships to other V6 data.
- Supports simulation as an integral business process
- Enables simulation analysts to make the product assembly and part changes that are necessary for simulation without impacting the reference design data
- Integrates seamlessly with SIMULIA Scenario Definition for simulation process deployment and execution
- Automates macro-model set-up with configurable data content and rules
- Adds 3rd party simulation data management to the V6 product assembly: Provides External Simulation Representations (lifecycle management objects), for 3rd party simulation data to be managed directly in the V6 product assembly.
- Leverages V6 lifecycle management for data management and traceability: Provides lifecycle management of 3rd party simulation data and its relationships to V6 lifecycle management objects and any other 3rd party data stored in V6 documents.
- Imports and exports 3rd party simulation data: Delivers PLM Batch Utilities to transfer 3rd party simulation data to and from the product assembly. All the 3rd party simulation files of a complete product assembly can be imported, or only those which have changed. Files stored in the External Simulation Representations and any V6 documents linked by a relationship can be exported.
- Provides an immersive 3D environment for visualising full product assemblies and 3rd party simulation data: Displays visualisations of 3rd party simulation data in a rich 3D environment with full display control. Full product assemblies of 3rd party simulation data can be visualised, not just individual parts.
- Delivers a scalable user interface to interact with full product assemblies, sub-assemblies, or individual parts: Supports working at the level of the assembly that is best for the user, for example at the level of a full product assembly, a sub-assembly, or an individual part. The Model Editor’s table interface and multi-edit feature provides a powerful way to interact with 3rd party simulation data, relationships and attributes. This makes it easy to work with large assemblies, even those at the scale of automotive full vehicle or aerospace airframe.
- Works with filtered product assemblies: Ensures the right view of the product assembly is used. Whether for a specific vehicle configuration, project milestone, or parts inside a specified 3D-volume, Model Editor uses the appropriate filtered product assembly.
- Uses configurable data content and set-up rules: Configurable rules support automatically setting defaults and relationships between data for set-up of the macro-model. Significant time savings are achieved for set-up when working on large assemblies.
- Controls which product assembly levels may have 3rd party simulation data: Manages the hierarchy of 3rd party simulation data for a product assembly so that it can be stored and accessed where it is needed. Whether data is stored at the root only, at all levels, or bypassing specific sub-assemblies, the choice is straightforward to implement.
- Provides reuse of 3rd party simulation data: A single product assembly can manage multiple sets of 3rd party simulation data. By enabling sub-assemblies of 3rd party simulation data to be connected or disconnected, 3rd party simulation data can be reused between simulations. For example, a part mesh can be connected to multiple simulation sets and reused for each simulation.
- Explores status, impacts, and integrity of 3rd party simulation data and relationships: Model Editor displays the status of 3rd party simulation data with respect to any data relationships that are defined, such as dependencies between simulation data and part geometry and material properties. The user can easily understand when data is missing or out-of-date, and trace the network of impacts of a potential change to any related data, before the change is made. Convenient integrity checks are provided to ensure important data relationships are defined.
- Integrates seamlessly with SIMULIA Scenario Definition and SIMULIA Live Simulation Review for process automation: The export and import of managed 3rd party simulation data between Model Editor and 3rd party simulation tools can be automated using other products of the Simulation Lifecycle Management (SLM) Product Family. SLM allows the capture of engineering process intellectual property, ensuring repeatability and traceability.
Back to SIMULIA V6R2013x