IMS Software (IMSPost, IMSverify & IMSce) adds a new level of detail to your manufacturing processes that encompass complex numerical control (NC) machining.
The IMS Software portfolio includes the following:
- IMSpost, the world’s most advanced post processing software, transforms CAD/CAM cutter location (CL) files into the specific machine (G/M) codes required by NC machines. It quickly enables users to generate NC files from a flexible library of standard post processors and machine configurations. It also allows detailed analysis of the machine code thereby delivering a true picture of the actual tool motion. NC controls from all major manufacturers are supported.
- IMSverify checks the post processed code that will actually run on the NC machine, going beyond simple APT or CL file verification within the CAM system, providing complete confidence that the part will be cut to specification. IMSverify delivers:
- Full machine simulation with clash detection
- True solids-based material removal simulation
- Unique integration with IMSpost to deliver the complete picture, step by step
- IMSce provides robust controller emulation for all types of CNC controllers on the market today which includes:
- Controller variables
- Canned cycles
- Probing and more
- IMSce controller emulation provides processing of machine-specific (G/M) codes. This allows CATIA V5 and V6 to check the actual data that will drive the machine, and not just CAM system generated code.