Release 2017x of Dassault Systèmes' 3DEXPERIENCE platform is now generally available. Details of the ENOVIA updates are below.
- Streamline Engineering and Design Collaboration through Enterprise Change Management: In R2017x, engineering, manufacturing and governance roles can now leverage 3DDashboard widgets to view, prioritize and manage changes. The changes better connect design and engineering, reducing risk and accelerating product release.
- Accelerate Adoption through Product Engineer, Requirements, and Collection User Experience Enhancements: Requirements managers can now edit the specification structures and requirements in the context of their other relevant 3DEXPERIENCE work, using two new 3DDashboard widgets. Product engineers can use 3DPLAY to visualize, review, and measure products in context of the engineering bill-of-material (EBOM). Collection developers and planners can now perform sample reviews and collaborate by leveraging photographs taken from mobile devices.
- Improve Confidence and Compliance with Project Planning Baselines: Project managers can capture project baselines for historical comparison and decision support. Multiple project baselines can be compared to the current project state, or to two different baselines, to better identify risks and take advantage of potential opportunities.
- Improve Regulatory Compliance with Controlled Document Management: Hard-copies can be better managed by using watermarks to generated PDF’s and serializing watermarks for individual hardcopies, reducing risk and increasing compliance in their business process.
- Seamless Decisions and Feedback between Merchandisers and Package Designers: Designers can publish packaging representations directly to the 3DMerchandisers from within designer’s environment in CATIA Live Rendering. This process automatically generates photorealistic images for the virtual shelf and ensures merchandisers are using the latest content to design the customer’s experience.
- Improving the User Experience across the Web and Native Environments: Users can now search for parts across the enterprise, and drag and drop results onto the product structure; the web environment search now uses the same 3DSearch as authoring and the 3DDashboard; and, the“My Desk” tool, which provides direct access to common utilities, is now available throughout the web experience, increasing ENOVIA users’ productivity and satisfaction.