- New Roles for Additive Manufacturing (setup, Define, Program): DELMIA 3DEXPERIENCE R2017x brings the latest innovation with 2 new roles for 3D printing and additive manufacturing, Additive Manufacturing Engineer (AMR) and Additive Manufacturing Programmer (AMP), to optimize the setup, process, and programming of powder bed fusion manufacturing machines or industrial 3D printers.
- New Role for Robotic Surface Applications: Robotics Surface Engineer (RSF) offers capabilities to simulate, validate, and optimize industrial robot surface processes in a virtual 3D environment.
- Smart Tools to Compare Manufacturing Assets: 3DEXPERIENCE R2017x introduces new tools and methods for comparing all assets (process, product, resource) at various levels (tree structure, 3D, metadata), to understand impacts on manufacturing planning, and build the proper manufacturing context as a result.
- Robot Cable Simulation: New Manufacturing and Production functionality in the Robotics domain allows users to easily create, validate and simulate robot cables. This dedicated solution for robot cable simulation makes it easy for Robot Engineers to create cables with only a few clicks.
- Robot Milling Operations: Fabrication roles now support robots performing milling operations. This new functionality allows users to address a wider variety of manufacturing cell configurations, leveraging NC milling machine and/or an industrial robot.