There are a wide range of requirements for vehicle construction which manufacturers have to comply with, relating to the driver's direct and indirect vision, the latter via the rear view mirror. In CAVA VISION these tasks are covered by a series of different CAVA features.
CAVA Vision Highlights:
- Field of View and reference points on the windshield
- Optical properties of the windshield
- A-Pillar obstruction of vision
- Vision Planes
- Direct vision to the front and to the rear
- Calculation of interior and exterior mirrors
CAVA Vision allows the influence geometry has on the driver's field of vision to be investigated in a simple way. Questions such as "Will the vehicle still fulfil the requirements for A-pillar obstruction, if the SgRP (Seating Reference Point) is changed slightly?" are answered in a few clicks.
Legal conformity checks are especially helpful with regard to rear view mirror function, as it is possible to test the impact of specific parameters directly in CAD.
- What happens when convex or aspherical glass is used instead of planar glass?
- How is the field of vision affected when the radius of the glass is changed?
These are just a few of the possibilities. From this, obstruction of the field of vision due to vehicle design can easily be calculated.
Moreover the functionality of the CAVA Mirror feature has already been approved by different homologation authorities for the European standards.