Optimizes your 3D digital model through realistic shapes resulting from simulations, or measurements, of products in operation. Uses those shapes to better assess and enhance the design of your products and tooling.
CATIA - REALISTIC SHAPE OPTIMIZER 2 (RSO) completes the design-simulation loop enabling users to easily update nominal CAD shapes into realistic shapes from operation's conditions simulations or measurements.
RSO enables to perform the geometric morphing of a nominal shape from any displacement files resulting, for instance, from finite elements analysis, discrete measurements or CAA V5 partners simulations applications. The realistic shapes are then reusable as any other V5 features.
Once created, users can exploit those shapes for many purposes as checks product's interferences under loads conditions, or optimizes product's definition based on a comparison between the as-built measurements and initial CAD definition.
This proven technology enables both to better assess and enhance the design of products and tooling, and to save time and capitalize knowledge. sha515 rso 1280 (V5R15) Click to enlarge
- Update quickly nominal shapes with under-loads shapes
- Compares them with your initial design
- Performs realistic simulation and analysis
- Benefits from a standard format
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Embeds your 3D design in reality: CATIA - Realistic Shape Optimizer 2 (RSO) will bring more reality to your conception. Thanks to a technology developed by Dassault Systemes enabling to take into account any displacement files to create a CATIA V5 shape you'll be able to create as many realistic shapes as required to enhance your design and/or tooling. As the basic input required is very simple, a text file including points and vectors coordinates, any simulations or measurements performed within a third-part or in-house applications can be easily retrieved and apply to your design.
- Performs advanced simulation and analysis: Below are some examples of use of realistic shapes generated by CATIA - Realistic Shape Optimizer 2 (RSO):
- Will product still work under operation's conditions?
Checks product's interferences, clashes and kinematics under load conditions. The realistic shape can issue from the V5 FEA solution and/or specialized CAA V5 applications. Interferences, clashes or kinematics are simulated within the V5 DMU portfolio.
- Will tooling fit the product's shape and quality needed once built?
Performs reverse analysis, reflecting physical, thermal and stress effects, to optimize tooling definition. As example, a user can retrieve the spring back's characteristics from a third-party application, create a realistic shape of the stamped part and then enhance the CAD design of the stamping die very quickly. Same example for molded parts and mold with management of warpage and shrinkage deformations.
- Will 3D product be the same after built?
Optimizes the product's definition based on the comparison between the shape created from as-built measurements and initial CAD definition. Keep the good 3D shape ! The as-built measurements can be performed with specialized CAA V5 applications.
Easily predict the tolerancing specified on assembly considering the whole sheet-metal assembly process and re-inject the realistic shape in your design. The prediction is done with CATIA - Tolerance Analysis of Deformable Assembly 3 (TAA) product. Users can then directly create a deformed shape and modify the initial design.