Generate incredibly realistic images and movies of a Digital Mock-up by extending PHS capabilitiesc
Photo Studio Optimizer 2 (PSO) is an essential complement to Photo Studio 2 (PHS) for users who want to create images and movies that will match reality. PSO extends PHS's rendering capabilities with such advanced technologies as global illumination and caustics. With the product's 3D texture and bump mapping capabilities, the user can see at the beginning of its life cycle how the finished product will look.c
- The ultimate product to generate high quality photo-realistic images and movies of a digital mock-up
- Advanced material definition allows to match reality
- High rendering quality far beyond graphic cards capabilities
- Increased productivity thanks to fast computation performances
Product Key Customer Benefits
The ultimate product for bringing your digital mock-ups to life...
The most significant contribution to collaboration within product development in the past ten years has been DMU (digital mock-up). DMU provides an immersive environment in which all the participants in the product life cycle can interact with each other. PSO brings to this environment its powerful functions for creating images and movies that will project reviewers into the future so they can faster validate the product in its final form.
Advanced material definition to match reality...
PSO offers powerful tools to improve the sensation of looking at a real object.
- 3D texturing defines a color for each point in 3D space. The part looks like it has been carved from a single block of material.
- Bump mapping introduces apparent surface deviations from the original shape to give the illusion that the geometry is deformed. Examples are pleated leather, rough metal, and waves on the sea.
Rendering quality far beyond graphic card capabilities...
PSO delivers high-level functions that improve visual rendering quality.
- Global illumination produces better realistic rendering by taking into account all forms of light transport: diffuse, glossy, and specular. All parts of the mock-up are included in the illumination of the scene.
- Caustics - When light hits a reflective or refractive surface, it is reflected or transmitted and forms light patterns on other objects. An example would be a lens focusing light on a table.