Address intuitive dynamic surface creation by sweeping a profile curve along multiple guides
CATIA - Freestyle Profiler 2 (FSP) Addresses intuitive dynamic surface creation by sweeping a profile curve along multiple guides. This product offers associative Styling Sweeps and associative Net Surfaces tools to cover the need for complex profiled surfaces. All types of FreeStyle analysis are provided e.g. curvature analysis, cutting plane, distance analysis, environment mapping and isophotes.
- Close behavior to traditional approach on physical mock-up
- Complete set of associative Styling Sweeps allowing to cover the different needs for profiled surface creation
- Associative Net Surface family allowing to cover the different needs for complex profiled surface creation
- Uniform control point network of the generated surfaces allowing to guarantee high quality and deformable surfaces
- 3D Curve creation tools and curve modification through control point and match curve commands
- All FreeStyle analysis like connect checker, curvature analysis, cutting plane, distance analysis, environment mapping and isophotes
- Fully integrated with Version 5 products such as Shape Design, Drafting, Part & Assembly design products to address hybrid modeling requirements
- Intuitive customizable Windows native user interface for short training cycles
- Ease-to-use and highly productive user interface for intuitive and dynamic mouse-based surface manipulations
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Traditional approach on physical mock-up: Close behavior to traditional approach on physical mock-up. Sweeping with a profiler to get regular surfaces.
- Complete set of Styling Sweeps: Allowing to cover the different needs for profiled surface creation: Simple Sweep, Sweep and Snap, Sweep and Fit, Sweep near profiles.
- Simple Sweep: creation of a surface from a profile and a guide, taking into account the definition of a moving frame.
- Sweep and Snap: creation of a surface from a rigid profile and two guides. The profile keeps in contact at one extremity on the first guide and slides on the other. The moving frame definition is taken into account.
- Sweep and Fit: creation of a surface from a profile and two guides. The moving frame definition is taken into account.
- Sweep near profiles: creation of a surface from a set of profiles and two guides. The guides can be shell borders.
All the sweeps are fully associative. New concept of interface to highly simplify creation and access to parameters
- Complex profiled surface creation:
- Creation of a surface from a set of profiles and a set of guides
- Full associativity
- Nice curvature continuity with references
- New concept of interface to highly simplify creation and access to parameters
- Uniform control point network of the generated surfaces: Guaranteeing high quality surfaces that may be easily deformed.
- 3D Curve creation tools: Users can generate 3D and planar curves from control point, near point or through points construction.
- Curve modification: Users can modify existing curves using control point and match curve commands
- FreeStyle analysis: Users can run analysis to check surface connections, curvature on surface, cutting planes, distance between surfaces, environment mapping and isophotes.
- Fully integrated with Version 5 products: Freestyle Profiler is tightly integrated with other CATIA V5 products such as Shape Design, Drafting, Part & Assembly design products to address hybrid modeling requirements:
- Users can design hybrid parts involving combinations of mechanical features and free form shapes
- Users can design free form shapes in the context of an environment composed of mechanical parts
- Users can design shapes in the context of the digital mock-up
- Users can create drawing generation of freeform shapes
- Highly productive user friendly interface... Intuitive and dynamic mouse-based surface manipulations:
- Dynamic user interface including fast mouse-based 3D graphical manipulations
- Very fast, keyboard free, sketch-like surface creation and manipulation allowing designers to unleash their creativity while sculpting shapes
- A 3D copilot concept allowing the contextual pre-selection (by means of highlight) and on-the-fly creation of construction elements
- Copilot for selection: Eliminates the need to create a great deal of temporary construction geometry
- "Remote" selection: no need to have the mouse pointer on the geometry or on the manipulators to select it
- Snap on particular points (closest border, closes corner, closest segment limit, closest control points...), vertex, edges,....
- Integration of the 3D copilot for Manipulators use
- Sensitive control with attenuation capability for manipulators to increase the accuracy of the deformations
- Fully integrated Compass allowing a time-saving for elements positioning and manipulators orientation
- Intuitive customizable Windows native User Interface: for short training cycles...
- Icon based, flexible and scalable approach, from beginners & casual users using pull down menus and panels, to advanced users using contextual menus, keyboard shortcuts
- Full support of Windows user interface standards such as pull down menus, messaging, on-line help, select-action approach, multi-windowing, icon docking reorganization.
- Contextual HTML documentation browser Alternative identical Native NT and UNIX Motif versions for common user environment in mixed networks offering flexibility of choice
- Interoperablity with CATIA Version 4 data & portfolio of applications:
- Users can use CATIA Version 5 shapes within CATIA V4 environment (Release 2.0 Refresh 1 minimum) for other application areas such as analysis, manufacturing, in addition to Digital Mock-ups and assemblies.
- Existing CATIA V4 curves, surfaces, faces, skins, and clouds of points can be migrated to Version 5 as necessary. CATIA V4 surface, for example, can be deformed and analyzed in Version 5.