Address digitised data import, clean up, tessellation, cross sections, character line, shape and quality checking with real-time diagnosis.
CATIA - Digitized Shape Editor 2 (DSE) addresses digitalized data import, clean up, tessellation, cross sections, character line, shape and quality checking with real time diagnosis. This product takes place at the beginning of the Reverse Engineering cycle, just after the digitizing machines and before several processes covered thanks to the complementary use of other CATIA V5 applications from mechanical and freestyle surfaces design to direct manufacturing. The inspection process can be directly handled with DSE by utilizing alignment between Clouds of points and CAD models.
- Import and Export Digitized data
- Class B Surface reconstruction (using CATIA - Quick Surface Reconstruction 2 (QSR))
- Class A Surface reconstruction (using CATIA - Freestyle Shaper 2 (FSS)
- Direct machining on mesh (using CATIA - 3 Axis Surface Machining 2 (SMG))
- Inspection by using alignment and deviation checking capabilities
- Space Analysis of a digitized mock-up in CAD environment with CATIA - DMU Space Analysis 2 (SPA)
- Checking feasibility during styling Refinement cycle by using sections of the digitized mock-up in CATIA - Generative Shape Design (GSD)
- Checking and healing meshes for Rapid Prototyping
- Web based collaborative Engineering by using VRML output in ENOVIA Portal
- Early manufacturing process simulation of a mock-up with DELMIA application suite
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Import digitized data with standard interfaces formats: User can import almost all natives measuring machine makers and native CATIA V4 digitized data. Data can be of different types - meshes, grids, scans and clouds of points. Imported data can be of different formats: Standard formats - IGES, free ASCII and STL, or, digitized data imported with native measuring machine makers - GOM, HYSCAN, KREON, STEINBICHLER. The user can preview, scale, trim or change measuring units of the imported data.
- Export digitized data: User can export digitized standard interface formats (ASCII, STL, VRML or native CATIA V4 CGO format) of scans, grids, meshes or clouds.
- Top of the range 3D mesher: CATIA - Digitized Shape Editor 2 (DSE) offers the best respect of the recovered forms (topology, sharp edge, without holes). Obtaining the best quality meshes allows to drastically reduce the process duration.
- Manipulating digitized data: User can keep a sub-part of a digitized data defined by 3D box, by filtering the number of points or by cleaning up a part of the data. These actions may be done with user-friendly function (Activation command).
- Creating curves for character lines definition: User can create curves of digitized data using projections of curves, planar sections or 3D curves using dynamic BSplines. These curves can be smoothed by the user.
- Tessellating digitized data to get meshes (meshes): User can create tessellated meshes to be used in CATIA V5 DMU product, using 2D or 3D mesher computation methods.
- Generate a thin offset on a Mesh: (Without auto-intersection processing)
- Creation of surfaces from the digitized data: Thanks to the full complementary with the new Quick Surface Reconstruction 2 (QSR) CATIA product, users can easily create surfaces including free form and mechanical shape from the digitized data. Usable for inspection process by using alignment capabilities and deviation checking tool
- Machine meshes directly without using STL files: Thanks to the full integration in CATIA V5, users can with CATIA - 3 Axis Surface Machining 2 (SMG) directly machine meshes imported from CATIA Digitized Shape Editor .
- Real time quality checking: The powerful Distance Analysis Diagnostics Command was adapted to handle the digitized data as Source and as Target. Mapping and isophote diagnoses are usable on meshes
- Display option management: User can use specific command to manage display attribute, tune type of markers and apply shading on meshes. Mesh defects (Non manifold edges, free edges,?) can be checked.
- Creation of surfaces from the digitized data: With the Reverse Engineering 2 configuration, including Quick Surface Reconstruction 2 (QSR), users can easily create surfaces from the digitized data.
- Ease-of-use and high productivity: Intuitive user interface and dynamic mouse-based surface manipulations help users to create surfaces and manipulate them. 3D copilot concept for the contextual pre-selection (by means of highlight) and on-the-fly creation of construction elements, allows designers to unleash their creativity while sculpting shapes. A fully integrated Compass allowing a time-saving for elements positioning and manipulators orientation.
- Short training cycle: Intuitive customizable Windows native User Interface. Icon based, flexible and scalable approach, from beginners & casual users using pull down menus and panels, to advanced users using contextual menus and keyboard shortcuts. Full support of Windows user interface standards and Contextual HTML documentation browser allows short training cycles
- Interoperable with CATIA Version 4: CATIA V5 shapes can be used by CATIA V4 (Release 2.0 Refresh 1 minimum) for other application areas such as analysis, manufacturing, in addition to Digital Mock-ups and assemblies. Existing V4 clouds of points can be migrated to Version 5 as necessary.