Digital Product Rights Manager 1 (RM1) enables company to control and protect their Intellectual Property (IP) when exchanging documents.
Today's manufacturers have never been under more pressure. Global demand and breakthrough technologies are increasing the complexity of product designs and the supply chains needed to build them. These distributed organizations need a way to exchange data in secure manner. New in V5R18, Digital Product Rights Manager 1 (RM1) lets users apply and enforce digital rights on V5 documents enabling to secure and control distribution and exchanges.
- Protects intellectual property while sharing Dassault Syst mes documents
- Controls the online and offline access and usages of Dassault Syst mes documents
Product Key Customer Benefits
Protects intellectual property while sharing Dassault Syst mes documents
Digital Product Rights Manager 1 (RM1) provides users with an out-of-the-box solution to secure and control any V5 data exchanges. RM1 enables an administrator to define and apply a corporate Intellectual Property (IP) policy to all the V5 users. He can define a list of users and assign to them a list of rights and administrates this information company wide. If needed, he can also let some users add and modify users and rights themselves. By enabling a highly secured file exchanges environment, RM1 provides companies with a powerful and efficient way to manage their intellectual property.
Controls the online and offline access and usages of Dassault Syst mes documents
Digital Product Rights Manager 1 (RM1) enables the protection documents such as 3D XML, CATPart, CATProduct, CATDrawing and CGR by setting up different rights to different users. Rights provided allow or prevent individual users performing the following operations:
- Open a file. Drag & Drop is also protected by this right.
- Save a file. It ensures that the file will not be modified for instance.
- Save as (and keep rights) by changing the name and file's path and keep the initial rights.
- Save as (and change rights) by changing the name and file's path and change the initial rights.
- Export the data into another format such as 3D XML.
- Copy, Cut, Paste protected files.
- Duplicate Specifications inside Power Copy and User Defined Feature.
- Duplicate Geometry in a product.
- Collaborate (e.g. chat, view sharing, ...) on a protected file.
- Forward Files to somebody else.
Users can access protected files both when they are online, i.e. when connected to a server which manages the users and rights lists, and offline if they have decrypted the data before disconnecting from the server. A rights expiration date enables a time limit to be defined for the access to the data. This protection is also extended to the cache that may have been created from protected data.
RM1 provides users with a comprehensive set of rights enabling the handling of simple as well as more complex scenarios. It's completely integrated into the Dassault Syst mes V5 architecture and based on Windows Rights Management Services (RMS) technology.