CATIA - V4 Integration 1 (V41) helps existing CATIA Version 4 customers take advantage of the advanced technologies of Version 5 while preserving their investment in V4 data.
Dassault Systemes has an unprecedented record of accomplishment in delivering upward compatible CATIA Solutions within a version life cycle and across major new versions.
Thanks to a unique approach of gradual introduction of Next Generation software components within Version 4, started since V4R1.3, this new product line offers a smooth progression for current users of CATIA Solutions V4.
Beyond the best of CATIA Version 4 Technologies brought forward in the new generation product line, CATIA - V4 Integration 2 (V4i), which is only part of CATIA-P2 set of solutions, offers numerous integration features which make seamless hybrid installations possible, involving both applications from CATIA Version 4 and applications from CATIA Version 5, while benefiting from data compatibility between the two product lines.
- Produces seamless data integration between CATIA Version 4 and Version 5
- Enables V5 users to browse V4 models, seamlessly use of hybrid V4/V5 geometry in V5 applications by referencing V4 models and allows V4 data conversion into V5 data
- Enables hybrid V4/V5 sessions in V4 by referencing V5 Parts and allows V5 data conversion into V4 data
- Works on Windows and UNIX platforms
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Data Preservation: CATIA V4 Integration 2 (V4I) provides the mechanism for blending Version 4 and Version 5 products, models and data. Customers wanting to take advantage of the advanced technologies of Version 5 are able to do so with seamless data integration. A customer's investment in CATIA is preserved and enhanced with this natural progression to a compatible environment.
- Numerous Integration Features: V4 Integration 2, through the unique CATIA Site Navigator integration tool, allows the seamless display of CATIA Version 4 data in the Version 5 environment. Regardless of the platform used, Windows or UNIX, models created under V4 can be read into V5. Users can display the data using viewpoints stored within the CATIA V4 model and apply the full zooming, panning, rotation, show/hide, layer, draft configurations and color capabilities. For better understanding of V4 data, Version 5 users can still navigate across V4 model workspaces.
Once a V4 model is loaded into V5, new parts can be designed taking into account the V4 geometry (e.g. Exact Solids, Surfaces, and Skins). The associativity between the two versions is maintained. Assembly definitions can be a combination of both V4 and V5 native data. Users can directly read V4 assembly product structures into Version 5 assemblies. Users can also execute the V5 generative drawing operations on V4.
- Forward Compatibility: In addition, V4 data can be migrated by copy and paste or drag and drop operation or via batch job. This data can then be edited and used as if it were created in Version 5. The system checks the Version 4 geometry for applicability before doing a copy/paste operation.
- Downward Compatibility: In many instances V5 parts (solid, surface, and wire frame) can be reused in V4 Release 2 solutions. Users can read and use for reference a Version 5 part within a passive V4 model or can convert a V5 part to Version 4 for downstream applications such as, analysis, manufacturing.