Allow CATIA V5 to process the geometry from STRIM and STYLER applications.
CATIA - STRIM/STYLER to CATIA Interface 2 (STC) allows users to process geometry from Strim and Styler applications in CATIA V5. It provides a unique, direct interface from Strim and Styler to CATIA, which operates on Strim and Styler native format files in the CATIA Environment. The product features direct access to Styler and Strim data files to allow users to convert and store them in CATIA V5 format. Users can retrieve an existing Styler or Strim design into CATIA, and complete further transformations in CATIA Mechanical Solutions, as well as NC Manufacturing and Shape Design & Styling solutions.
- Insertion of STYLER and STRIM files as existing components in a CATProduct with CATIA - DMU NAVIGATOR (DMN).
- Batch Command is available to create CATIA part files from STYLER and STRIM files.
Performs a direct, fast and exact conversion of STRIM and STYLER wire-frame and surface geometry into CATIA parts.
Product Key Customer Benefits
STRIM and STYLER files known as CATIA files... STRIM and STYLER files (with extension ".tdg") can be selected in file "Open" to create and display a CATIA part document. Geometry of the files is enclosed in a CATIA format. Files can be selected in the CATIA - DMU Navigator to be inserted as existing components in a CATProduct.
STRIM and STYLER geometry... The STRIM and STYLER geometry models retrieved in CATIA are:
- Wireframe: points, curves
- Surfaces: planes, patches and trimmed faces converted into single surfaces
- Topology: skins (open shells) are converted into multi-surfaces.
- Construction Elements: planes, coordinate systems
Exact geometry retrieval...No approximation of geometry representation is used during the conversion of the models:
- CATIA part retrieves, by default, the EXACT original geometry.
- High degree curves and surfaces are not split.
- Original topological structures are preserved with a one-to-one mapping.
- Geometry is healed during conversion - as an option, and in case the skins original geometry introduces go-continuity defects.
Original models display services are retained...Original models display services, like layers, colors and Hide/Show, are retained in the resulting CATIA parts.
Binary formats conversion Files generated with STRIM and STYLER on any UNIX or Windows platform can be read in CATIA V5, running either on UNIX, or Windows. The product performs a conversion of binary formats on the fly.