PRODUCT DATA FILTERING (DF1) helps companies manage and protect their intellectual property by selectively removing sensitive information prior to data exchange.
CATIA - PRODUCT DATA FILTERING helps companies to manage and protect their intellectual property (IP) by providing filtering mechanism integrated into their exchange processes. OEM, supplier chain and risk sharing partners are provided with only data they need to share complete their product definition operations. As a result, company knowledge is well kept without impairing data exchange requirement.
CATIA - PRODUCT DATA FILTERING provides filters control part and product structure data exchange
- From a Part or a Product structure definition, a new Part is created with sensitive information filtered (removed) prior to performing a data exchange with the supplier chain and/or OEM.
- CAA API available for Product filtering only
- Can be invoked in either an Interactive or batch mode. The batch mode is available thru a command line with filtering options passed as parameters
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Protect company knowledge: Thanks to its filtering mechanism, companies can easily protect their knowledge before sending 3D data to their partner or supplier chain. This significantly reinforces the 3D data exchange process. The receiver works only with 3D data he needs to work without having access to the intellectual property of the sender company.
- Boost productivity: Command batch can be launch for a proper integration into the 3D data exchange chain.
- Better result than existing alternative: Today, the alternative way of filtering is to use IGES or STEP: However, IGES or STEP are not providing the ability to preserve the initial native V5 geometry without transformation, nor the ability to keep selectively some data such are annotations, publications or attributes. For example for annotations, the OEM will have either to choose or to send all if knowledge data with design feature, knowledge parameters etc .. or to onmy send the geometry thru IGES or STEP. With this new product he will be able to select the expected data to be send.