Design concurrently inside parts, within a teamwork, by sharing and merging design features and know-how in a collaborative environment.
Performing a breakthrough, CATIA Instant Collaborative Design 1 (CD1) enables informal concurrent engineering for part or surface that can be used in any domains: Designers can share features in order to create concurrently parts or exchange know-how in a synchronous or asynchronous mode. CATIA COLLABORATIVE DESIGN 1 (CD1) is fully scalable from peer to peer for local communications to client/server mode which takes benefits from standard communication solutions integration.
- Boost reactivity and develop engineering team spirit thanks to the connectivity
- Reduce detailed design activity bottlenecks with co-design
- Increase know-how exchanges
- Leave more room for innovation
- Shrink drastically time to design for integrated supplier chain
- Adapt the product to your needs
Product Key Customer Benefits
Boost reactivity and develop engineering team spirit thanks to the connectivity:
- CATIA - Instant Collaborative Design 1 (CD1) proposes a pervasive and simple way to collaborate in the engineering organizations. Through a tool bar, instant collaboration is available at any time to contact someone, chat, exchange design contents or organize a 3D meeting.
- Designers communicate easily and spontaneously from CATIA V5 within the working groups for concurrent design and reviews. Real-time information offers the best interactivity in this area. In client/server mode, connectivity takes benefits from standard communication robust solutions and connects CATIA V5 to the full extended enterprise.
Reduce detailed design activity bottlenecks with co-design:
- Cycle time for designing can be reduced drastically: One part can be designed by several in an informal process, through briefcases exchanges, which was unmatched before in such a simple way. Designers are able to select geometric or knowledgeware specifications from their own part or surface and share them with others through briefcases. Briefcases are managed with the working group in a mailbox approach to be merged/merged briefcases and each user has the option to open and apply any of them for merge. When parts used in a working group for co-design come from the same source part, all rerouting capabilities are done automatically through an internal naming convention.
Increase know-how exchanges:
- Through briefcases exchanges, especially including knowledgeware, re-use and exchange of know-how are natural and lead to better quality products. Briefcases always contain self-content information which enables to be merged even in a completely different context than the original one, which is very useful in knowledge capture scenarios.
Leave more room for innovation:
- CATIA Instant Collaborative Design 1 (CD1) offers a unique playground for 3D brainstorming for early design phases. In these highly restricted phases, exchange security can take benefit from client / server mode which fully insures secured workspace access through the server authentification. In this mode, workspaces are fully defined and managed by their owners. A workspace is only visible for its members and only the briefcases attached to it can be managed and accessed. (*)
Shrink drastically time to design for integrated supplier chain:
- High flexibility is brought by synchronous/asynchronous mode for workspace and briefcase management (*).
- Instant connectivity and collaborative review capabilities offer efficient, evident and interactive communications avoiding mails or misunderstandings. 3D conferencing enables to switch listener and publisher roles compared with simple display sharing and re-enforces the interactivity during the review.
Adapt the product to your needs:
- Peer to peer mode, for a local area network usage without any server or configuration.
- Client/server mode, taking benefits from standard communication solutions integration, which supports extended enterprise infrastructures and security mechanisms (*)
(*) Client/server mode available when used with ENOVIA - VPM Navigator.