CATIA - IGES Interface 1 (IG1) helps users working in a heterogeneous CAD/CAM environment to exchange data through the neutral IGES format.
CATIA - IGES Interface (IG1) helps users working in a heterogeneous CAD/CAM environment to exchange data in a neutral format. This utility supports IGES Version 5.3 and provides naming management to map IGES and CATIA identifiers. Users can perform reliable bi-directional 2D and 3D data exchange between dissimilar systems with direct and automated access to IGES files. CATIA - IGES Interface 1 (IG1) can process wire frame geometries, surfaces and trimmed surfaces, conic curves and color.
- Performs 2D and 3D data exchange using the neutral IGES format
- Facilitates the exchange of data between heterogeneous CAD/CAM systems
- Identical access to IGES data in the Windows NT and UNIX environment
- Supports IGES Version 5.3
- Reduces transfer and clean-up time
- Conforms to international and national standards
- Eliminates the need for additional support products
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Data interface standard... CATIA IGES Interface 1 (IG1) enables users to exchange 2D and 3D data with non-homogeneous systems through a neutral format. The Initial Graphic Exchange Specification (IGES) format, is the most widely used neutral format to transfer data between heterogeneous CAD systems.
- Support of IGES 5.3... The IGES Interface 1 product supports IGES Version 5.3. With this application, users can share data with other CAD/CAM systems including, AutoCAD, ProEngineer and Unigraphics. When creating a part, extended support of IGES entities handles offset curves and surfaces (STEP parts 140 & 130), IGES skins (143), IGES skin borders (141), and IGES Conics. Colors are now preserved, and both Show and No Show management is supported. Enhanced naming management means that IGES and CATIA identifiers are now mapped.
- Identical access to IGES data in the Windows NT and UNIX environment... Access to IGES data is independent of the operating system. Many CATIA customers work in heterogeneous environments and use outside vendors with dissimilar systems. CATIA strives to provide the tools necessary to perform the job regardless of platform or data format.
- Bi-directional exchange with IGES Interface 1... Users are able to read an IGES-formatted file and reuse the geometrical information to create datum features such as wire frames, surfaces and trim surfaces. Conversely, users can transform a CATIA V5 part into an IGES file for exchange with outside vendors.
- Reliable data transfer... Users can efficiently transfer data between CATIA and IGES formats without fear of imposed errors. IGES Interface 1 exchanges drawing, wire frame geometries and surface elements with reduced transfer and clean-up time.
- Direct access to the IGES format... To facilitate access to data, CATIA Version 5 offers a homogeneous user interface for all specific supported formats. The user interface is presented with a Windows compliant standard (File Open, File Save As) and an automatic recognition of file types (e.g. .igs for IGES Interface 1).
- Additional Interface Formats... Along with lGES, additional CATIA Version 5 products support other popular data interface formats, including DXF, STL, VRML, STEP AP203 and others.