Share drafting information between the CATIA-CADAM Drafting and V5 drafting products.
The product CATIA - CADAM Interface 1 (CC1) provides the user with an integrated capability to share 2D drafting information between CATIA CADAM Drafting (CCD) and V5 Drafting products.
This integrated capability provides existing CCD users with the flexibility to easily integrate the V5 CATIA product portfolio into their environment, while maintaining their current practices and procedures based on their CCD product use.
- Direct access to CATIA-CADAM Drafting drawings from the CATIA V5 drafting products
- Reduces transfer a cleanup time
- Automatic conversion into native V5 drawings
- Reuse of CATIA-CADAM Drafting data in CATIA for continuing the design in 2D or 3D
Product Key Customer Benefits
CATIA-CADAM (CC1) Interface 1 provides an integrated capability to share 2D drafting information between CATIA-CADAM drafting and V5 drafting products.
This allows existing CATIA-CADAM drafting users to easily integrate the V5 CATIA product portfolio into their environment, while maintaining current practices and procedures based on the use of CATIA-CADAM Drafting.
CATIA-CADAM Interface 1 offers several functions for CATIA users:
- Integrated support for CATIA-CADAM drafting documents... CATIA-CADAM drafting documents can be opened using the V5R2 standard File - Open facility. During this process, CATIA-CADAM drafting documents are automatically converted to the native V5R2 drafting format.
- CATIA-CADAM Drafting to V5 Conversion... The CATIA-CADAM Drafting to V5 conversion handles all 2D geometry and annotation elements supported within a CATIA-CADAM Drafting model. Some elements or element properties are not yet supported on both systems; therefore, some information will be transferred to the closest compatible element or property. In some cases, complex elements may be exploded into primitive elements during the transfer. Specific elements and element properties that are transferred include: standard geometric elements, such as points, lines, circles, ellipses, and splines; geometric properties, including color, line style, and line thickness; annotation elements such as standard text, balloons, deltas, section lines, and text lines; text properties including text height, spacing, and color; and dimensions, including all CATIA-CADAM Drafting supported standards.
- Prerequisites... CATIA Version 5 products can be ordered as part of a configuration or as an add-on product to a configuration.