CATIA - Companion Development Studio allows you to develop and customize training material in a Companion environment.
Companion Development Studio provides companies with the capability to customize the WLS suite of products. Through an intuitive interface, the sophisticated companion environment allows the development of integrated learning resources for CATIA, ENOVIA and ENOVIA SmarTeam products usage. One can develop, assemble brand new material while reusing existing "skillets", rearranging existing products to fit targeted users, and add specific company's information into this customized learning environment. The Companion Development Studio promotes also the development of sound learning objects around a proven and robust instructional design model that is currently used by the WLS suite of products. Furthermore Companion Development Studio supports a continuous improvement process for the new learning objects.
- WYSIWYG Environment to develop Companion skillets and courses
- Supports the standard authoring tools on the market
- Seamless interoperability with MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Reuse standard WLS products skillets
- Integrated editors for Windows & Unix compatible interactive learning components
- A scalable architecture for development
- Integrated configuration control to manage version and languages
- Integrate html compliant legacy data
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Via a graphical interface, the designer will define the objects architecture he has in mind and then populate these objects with learning components developed from standard authoring tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Flash, DreamWeaver, FrontPage or use the specialized editors provided with the product to develop simulations or Unix compatible videos.
- As a rule, the Companion architecture is designed in such a way that any html compliant data that can be used within a company can also be included in Companion learning objects and therefore managed with the Companion Development Studio. This feature ensures the compliancy of generated data to Internet standards and a fast evolution with respect to emerging standards.
- To ensure that customers can develop interactive learning components that work exactly the same on the Windows and Unix supported platforms, the Companion Development Studio provides two specialized editors allowing creating:
- Show Me components, that is video type components that are very useful to describe the interactions of a procedure for example. These components do not require any plug-in to run.
- Discover and Try It components, which provide a very interactive environment, thereby increasing the retention rate of the learner. As the previous one, this component, once integrated in a Companion learning object, can be replayed on any Windows or Unix platform with no plug-in.
- The Companion Development Studio also provides an industrial environment for development based on the standard notions of Workspace, projects and components. This environment supports the concurrent development of learning objects by several developers.
- Create improved end-user performance from a quickly developed customer specific environment.
- Build upon standard Companion products always up to date
- Reuse compliant legacy data (html, MS PowerPoint, PDF, MS Word, etc.
- Quick learning curve as most content development can be realized with standard authoring tools