Perform advanced collaborative DMU review, packaging and pre-assembly using optimum visualization, navigation and communication tools
CATIA - DMU Navigator 2 (DMN) performs advanced collaborative DMU review, packaging and pre-assembly, using optimum visualization, navigation and communication capabilities. High graphic performance is provided to the user. Productive 3D navigation is ensured through group management and selection capability. A large number of tools (annotation support, hyperlink and animation creation, publishing and conferencing tools) facilitate collaboration between all team members involved in DMU inspection. User productivity is enhanced through the ability to automate commands and work on visualization files for quick data loading. Batch mode can be used to further improve cache management. Combined kinematics and fitting simulations can be performed to extend review capabilities. Interoperability with CATIA V4 is supported.
Addressing all populations involved in Digital Mockup related processes, CATIA DMU Navigator 2 handles digital mockups of all sizes from consumer goods assemblies to very large automotive, aerospace, plant, ships or heavy machinery mockups.
- Supports a large set of 2D and 3D formats
- Enables high visualization performance
- Enables optimum 2D viewing and 3D navigation for DMU inspection
- Provides set of advanced measurement capabilities
- Facilitates DMU collaborative review by supporting 2D and 3D annotations, drawing comparison, and hyperlink creation
- Enables collaboration on the same project review from different location thanks to Conferencing capability
- Enables simulation replay and movie generation for advanced animation
- Provides advanced visualization, simulation, analysis and product synthesis capabilities, including fully immersive design review through native integration with other DMU products
- Supports publishing through report creation in HTML format
- Supports automation of commands for enhanced user productivity
- Integrates with ENOVIAVPM and ENOVIA V5 VPM Solution to promote business practices
Product Key Customer Benefits
- File Access: A large set of 2D and 3D document types is supported (CATIA and industry standard formats). Moreover, access to data is very quick thanks to a selective loading mode: the product structure is first loaded without its 3D representation, and then a portion of the DMU 3D representation is loaded.
Other tools enable easy and flexible access to data for efficient navigation. For instance, groups of independent components can be created. Parts can also be selected according to a distance criterion.
- Optimum Navigation tools for DMU inspection: Three modes are offered for navigation within the 3D mock-up components: fly mode, walk mode and examine mode. Navigation is also available in assembly product structures, and can be performed by following hyperlinks to related documents. ENOVIA DMU Navigator 2 supports interactive scene definition and storage.
- Dedicated tools for DMU collaborative review: The team members involved in the mock-up review can exchange viewpoints with annotations thanks to 2D and 3D markers. Audio annotations are supported and all types of shapes can be imported.
They can also create multiple hyperlinks to related documents (URL) to facilitate DMU collaborative review. Changes between 2 revisions of a 2D document can also be checked thanks to a dedicated drawing comparison tool.
- Animation with Superior Graphic Performance: Standard movie format (AVI, MPEG) can be generated for improved communication between team members. Moreover, any type of CATIA simulation can be replayed. Visualization techniques such as level of detail management result in superior graphics performance.
- Native integration with other DMU products: Complete DMU review and simulation can be done through the native integration of ENOVIA DMU Navigator 2 with other DMU products. For instance, interference checking, sectioning and measurement can be performed when DMU is used with DMU - Space Analysis 2. Multiple synchronized animations involving both kinematics and fitting motion simulations can also be performed.
- Reporting and Publishing Tools: The user has the possibility to create reports in HTML format with comments, screen captures, VRML links. Moreover, he can publish features.
- Conferencing capability: Conferencing tools enable collaboration on a project review from different locations. Two types of conferencing are proposed to the user. Shared Conferencing enables the team members to share the view of the master application and interact in it. In the case of Replicated Conferencing, each member has his own application and the master controls the data viewed by other participants. Thus, the confidentiality of the conference is ensured.
- Automation: Automation of commands is supported for enhanced user productivity. Major DMU commands are concerned (Markup, Group, Proximity Query, Replay, Scenes, Move, etc.).
Integration with ENOVIA V5 VPM With ENOVIA V5 VPM, ENOVIA - DMU Navigator creates a breakthrough targeting all the actors across the product lifecycle involved in reviewing processes as it offers an immersive and direct access to to the configured digital mock-up with advanced reviewing capabilities. It leverages the 3D instant conferencing productivity by the usage of capabilities like annotations or presentations.
With the management of reviewing information through technological packages inside ENOVIA V5 VPM, it widens the scope of concurrent engineering and reviewing and increases know-how usage and enables unmatched and accurate lifecycle management of this information.
- Integration with ENOVIAVPM: Thanks to a tight integration with ENOVIAVPM, ENOVIA DMU Navigator offers extensive support for industry best practices implementation including design in context and configured digital mockup. DMU Navigator can be used as a viewer for an ENOVIAVPM session. ENOVIAVPM Product structures and attributes, and document data identified in the product structure in ENOVIAVPM can be respectively received and read in DMU Navigator.
- Integration with ENOVIA 3d com: ENOVIA DMU Navigator combines with ENOVIA 3d com to bring additional powerful viewing, flexible manipulation, analysis, and simulation capabilities to the entry visualization, analysis, collaborative, and wide area product information distribution functions provided by ENOVIA 3d com. Professionals who need advanced function in a context of Web access and data and process distribution can find a perfect combination using the complete ENOVIA DMU Solution: ENOVIA - DMU and ENOVIA 3d com. Remote files can be accessed through the web using ENOVIA 3d com. The user can connect, load and add a product structure from ENOVIA 3d com to ENOVIA DMU Navigator, as well as select an ENOVIA 3d com component and cross highlight it in ENOVIA DMU Navigator. When data are loaded from ENOVIA 3d com to ENOVIA DMU Navigator, cache mechanism leverages existing cache in DMU to avoid unnecessary computation of data and minimize loading time.