Perform collaborative digital mock-up review using powerful visualization, navigation, and communication tools
CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 (DN1) performs collaborative DMU review using powerful visualization, navigation and communication capabilities. A large number of tools (annotation support, hyperlink and animation creation, publishing and conferencing tools) facilitate collaboration between all team members involved in DMU inspection. User productivity is enhanced through the ability to automate commands and work on visualization files for quick data loading. Complete DMU review and simulation is made possible through the native integration with other DMU products.
Addressing all populations involved in Digital Mockup related processes, CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 handles digital mock-ups of all sizes from consumer goods assemblies to very large automotive, aerospace, plant, ships or heavy machinery mockups, while being entirely available on Windows and UNIXc.
- Supports a large set of 2D and 3D formats
- Provides 2D viewing and 3D navigation tools for DMU inspection
- Facilitates DMU collaborative review by supporting 2D and 3D annotations, hyperlinks creation and simulation replay
- Allows complete DMU review and simulation through native integration with other DMU products
- Supports publishing through report creation in HTML format
- Allows collaboration on the same project review from different location thanks to Conferencing capability
- Performs productive DMU review thanks to cache management
- Supports automation of commands for enhanced user productivity
- Integrates with ENOVIAVPM to promote business best practices
Product Key Customer Benefits
- File Access: A very large set of 2D and 3D document types is supported (CATIA and industry standard formats). Moreover, access to data is very quick thanks to a selective loading mode: the product structure is first loaded without its 3D representation, and then a portion of the DMU 3D representation is loaded.
- Navigation tools for DMU inspection: Three modes are offered for navigation within the 3D mockup components: fly mode, walk mode and examine mode. Navigation is also available in assembly product structures, and can be performed by following hyperlinks to related documents. DN1 supports interactive scene definition and storage.
- Dedicated tools for DMU collaborative review: The team members involved in the mockup review can exchange viewpoints with annotations thanks to 2D and 3D markers. They can also create multiple hyperlinks to related documents (URL) to facilitate DMU collaborative review. Changes between 2 revisions of a 2D document can also be checked thanks to a dedicated drawing comparison tool. Finally, the user can replay any type of CATIA simulation.
- Native integration with other DMU products: Complete DMU review and simulation can be done through the native integration of CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 with other DMU products. For instance, interference checking, sectioning and measurement can be performed when CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 is used with DMU Space Analysis 1.
- OLE support: As an OLE Document Server application, customers can insert any CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 document within any other OLE container application like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Likewise, from the NT Explorer, CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 documents can be dragged and dropped into an OLE container application.
- Reporting and Publishing Tools: The user has the possibility to create reports in HTML format with comments, screen captures, VRML links Moreover, he can publish features.
- Conferencing capability: Conferencing tools allow collaboration on a project review from different location. Two types of conferencing are available to the user. Shared Conferencing enables the team members to share the view of the master application and interact in it. In the case of Replicated Conferencing, each member has his own application and the master controls the data viewed by other participants. Thus, the confidentiality of the conference is ensured.
- Cache management: Productive DMU review can be performed by allowing the user to work on representations of geometry stored in caches for quick data loading. An automatic cache reconciliation mechanism allows access to up-to-date data.
- Automation: Automation of commands is supported for enhanced user productivity. Major DN1 commands are concerned (Markup, Group, Proximity Query, Replay, Scenes, Move, etc.)
- Integration with ENOVIA V5 VPM: With ENOVIA V5 VPM, CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 creates a breakthrough targeting all the actors across the product lifecycle involved in reviewing processes as it offers an immersive and direct access to to the configured digital mock-up with advanced reviewing capabilities. It leverages the 3D instant conferencing productivity by the usage of capabilities like annotations or presentations.
With the management of reviewing information through technological packages inside ENOVIA V5 VPM, it widens the scope of concurrent engineering and reviewing and increases know-how usage and enables unmatched and accurate lifecycle management of this information.
- Integration with ENOVIAVPM: CATIA - DMU Navigator 1 can be used as a viewer for an ENOVIAVPM session when both systems are running on UNIX. ENOVIAVPM Product structures and attributes, and document data identified in the product structure in ENOVIAVPM can be respectively received and read in CATIA - DMU Navigator.