CATIA DMU Composites Review provides users with all the relevant information on composite design and materials.
Today's manufacturers have never been under more pressure. Global demand and breakthrough technologies are increasing the complexity of product designs and the supply chains needed to build them. These distributed organizations need a way for stakeholders to view, understand and evaluate a virtual product definition anytime, anywhere, in any format.
DMU Composite Review 2 (CPR) enables to share composite knowledge across the value chain. It provides users with on-the-fly composite information access, numerical analysis and core sampling in product context.
CPR is part of the global V5 solution for composite design and manufacturing that allows manufacturers, from aerospace, automotive, shipbuilding or consumer goods companies, to reduce the time needed to design composites parts.
- Share composite material information with extended teams
- Perform primary composite design analysis for manufacturability and cost assessment
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Share composite material information with extended teams: DMU Composite Review 2 (CPR) extends the access of composite material defined in CATIA V5 to cross disciplines teams and suppliers. It fosters better communication and collaboration between the different stakeholders for a more efficient design to manufacturing process. For instance, it enables users to:
- Check design vs. requirements data integrity and iterate with designer and analyst based on visualization of the part and core sampling
- Check stacks, drop offs and splices vs. structural requirements
- Assess weight & balance needs
- Perform primary composite design analysis for manufacturability and cost assessment: DMU Composite Review 2 (CPR) enables to quickly access and perform primary analysis of the composite design. What kind of materials are used? What are the composite stack order and angles? What is the weight and where is the gravity center? All those questions can be answered interactively and results exported in text and Excel files. At the design stage CPR enables:
- OEM s Design Review Team to review and analyze the composite parts' design structure
- Supplier's designers working with big OEMs to review the design made by the OEM designers, without modifying anything in the design