CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1) ensures the consistency and quality of designers? work using corporate standard rules bases created with CATIA Knowledge Expert 2 (KWE).
CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 allows designers to import and use corporate knowledge stored in rule bases created using CATIA Knowledge Expert 2 (KWE). Thus design compliance is ensured with established standards. These rule bases automate knowledge processes such as:
- Best practices
- Application processes
- Design validation and corrections
The reports generated provide better identification of standards violations and help to implement necessary corrections.
As an integrated product, CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1) can be used in conjunction with all other Version 5 products to share process applications throughout the enterprise.
The Knowledge Expert solution consists of a buidtime product, CATIA Knowledge Expert 2 (KWE), and a runtime solution, CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1).
- Ensures designers of the quality and consistency of their design with corporate standards
- Leverages corporate engineering know-how to secure product design process
- Generates reports, which include a complete description of the verifications performed
- Benefits from full integration with all CATIA V5 applications
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Ensures designers of the quality and consistency of their design with the corporate standards: Capturing and capitalizing on a company's know-how and best practices is what CATIA Knowledge Expert 2 (KWE) delivers.
On the other hand CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1) gives designers access to this high level data through a simple and dynamic link between one or several knowledge bases and design. Once links have been created, designers are assured, in a permanent way, of the consistency of their design with corporate standards and best practices. In fact, while designers are working, CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1) allows users to immediately determine whether a corporate violation has occurred. Therefore, the risk of errors is reduced, improving productivity. The user converges on an optimized design while focusing on the best approach for the company as they work.
- Leverages corporate engineering know-how to secure product design process: When a rule is violated, CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1) facilitates corrections through contextual menus and by highlighting object(s) to be corrected. The status of every check is indicated dynamically with a green (valid) or red (invalid) icon directly in the workbench toolbar. When clicking on it, all checks are displayed and explained in a synthesis window. Then, the user can easily analyze them as corrective actions are recommended or automated.
Red light/green light icons give users a quick and easy way to assess the design for adherence to corporate standards while providing an efficient way to locate problems.
For example, a user adds a hole to a part, and the knowledge rules identify that the hole is too close to the edge. A pop-up menu can suggest either that the hole be moved or that reinforcing material be added. By simply selecting the desired solution, the designer can allow the system to instantly solve the problem.
- Report with complete descriptions of the verification performed: CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1) offers report capabilities in a variety of output formats such as HTML or XML. This allows, for example, customized reports of rules and check violations to be published for direct posting to a company's intranet. Reports can be generated with short or long problem descriptions (depending on the level of detail required), and can include a list of all results or only the failed rules (or conversely, only the passed checks). In addition, the user can choose to have the report sorted by rule, object, or rule state.
Companies can, therefore, drive the design through the process ensuring that corporate know-how is shared and integrated by all users.
- Embedded within CATIA V5: Full integration into CATIA enables the user to work with any V5 specification. As an integrated product, CATIA Knowledge Expert 1 (KE1) can be used in conjunction with all other CATIA Version 5 products throughout the enterprise.