Rapidly design structures using catalogues of standard or custom sections
CATIA - Structure Design 1 (SR1) product is an application enabling to simply and quickly creates linear, curved structures, and plates, using standard or user-defined sections. Taking advantage of an optimized user interface, the user can easily create and modify structures thanks to fully associative design in context capability.
Moreover, the product includes a parametric catalog through design tables and it generates user customizable Bills of Materials. It is natively integrated with other CATIA applications for completing the structure design, user will be able, for instance, to perform extensive stress analysis on his structure elements and beams.
CATIA - Structure Design 1 (SR1) products offers the following main functions:
- Creation of straight, curved and twisted structure, planar and surfacic plates, using standard or user defined sections
- Fully associative design in context functions for creation and modification of structures
- Optimized user interface for the placement of structures
- Assembly instantiation through user-defined template resulting in breakthrough productivity
- Parametric catalog through design tables
- Full modification capabilities for design changes
- Generation of user customizable BOMs (Bills of Material)
- Integration with CATIA Analysis products for downstream analysis
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Creation of several types of structures: Users are able to define a variety of linear, curved and twisted structures using standard (I, U, L, T, rectangular or round bar and pipes sections) or user defined sections. An intuitive grid function ensures easy placement, in 3D space, of structures using linear, directional and point to point placement.
- Design in context: Users are able to create structures by referencing geometrical objects or existing structures (faces, edges, or vertex) and optionally keep full associativity.
- Optimized user interface: CATIA - Structure Design 1 (SR1) provides an optimized user interfaces for placement of structure elements. User can retrieve standard structure attributes using the Standard Panels. He can then have a Preview Visualization to validate choices. CATIA V5 environment enables manipulations (3D, Zoom, Compass...).
- Assembly instantiation through user-defined template: Users are provided with highly productive tools to manage assembly instantiation and penetration. As a matter of fact, users are able to instantiate assembly templates (templates have been previoulsy made by experts who captured company best practices into those reusable templates). This method allows user to be extremely productive while being sure that they are compliant with their company standards and best practices. Those templates can be used, for instance, to automatically instantiate stiffeners along a beam or to manage with standard penetration of plates (standard opening or cut-out).
- Parametric catalog through design table: Using the standard section catalogs (delivered with the product) the user can define parametric sections as well as create his own section catalog easily and intuitively. The standard browser of catalog is available in the workbench.
- Full modification capabilities for design changes: Advanced features such as Move, Rotate and Mirror enable users to position and re-place structures. User can modify types, sections, limits, anchor points, thickness, orientation for linear and curve structure, as well as material attributes. Besides, three types of Associative Joints are possible: weld, normal and miter-cut.
- Generation of user customizable BOM's: Information such as material, section, length to cut and quantity requirements are easy to extract and use for Bill of Materials.
- Possibility for the user to create his own VB macros: Users can easily and automatically use the Visual Basic interface to create their own structure profiles and generate structure frames.
- Integration with CATIA-Assembly Design 1 (AS1): The user can create assembly constraints between existing structure elements.
- Integration with CATIA-Part Design 1 (PD1) and CATIA-Sheetmetal Design 1 (SM1): Using CATIA-Part Design 1 (PD1), users can create holes, pockets and chamfers on existing structures. Using CATIA Sheetmetal Design 1 (SM1) users can create flanges on plates with unfolded view.
- Integration with CATIA-Generative Drafting 1 (GD1): Using CATIA - Generative Drafting 1 (GD1), users can automatically extract 2D projected views and cuts to be used as structure profiles.
- Integration with CATIA-Analysis products: Using CATIA - Analysis products, users can perform advanced analysis of structural beams that have been design with CATIA - Structure Design 1 (SR1) product. This greatly facilitates the design-to-analysis process allowing users to directly use what they have just designed to simulate the manufacturability of the structural beams.