Design complex parts with highly productive and robust modeling features in an intuitive environment
This CATIA-P2 offers a new generation CATIA product for part design with one interface on NT and UNIX.. Interoperates with CATIA Version 4 data and methodologies.
The "smart-solid" design kernel combines high productivity feature-based toolsets and boolean methodologies, delivering a flexible solution enabling multiple design approaches.
CATIA - Part Design 2 (PDG) can be used with CATIA V5 applications like Assembly Design, Drafting, Wireframe & Surface.
- Provides an Associative, feature based hybrid modeller Interoperable with CATIA V4
- Incorporating thread specifications, on hole definitions and circular pads and holes.
- Includes Flexible, post-design 3D parameterization
- Creates Sketches and 3D designs in assembly context
- Makes designs easier to understand across the entire enterprise with Part Structure Editor, speeding up initial design and changes
- Expanded hybrid modelling capability shape design products
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Feature-based, Hybrid Modeling: PDG performs associative feature based hybrid modeling, involving either IGES or CATIA V5 surfaces. Reference elements or geometrical specifications, including Points, Lines, Planes, and Curves generated by the CATIA Wireframe and Surface product works within a V5 part design. Sketched features with perpendicular or un-perpendicular, multi-contoured profiles include Pads and Pockets Shafts, Grooves, Ribs, Slots and Stiffeners.
- Sketching and 3D Design: Sketching and 3D design is performed in an assembly context with user controled associativity. Sketching and design is based on the DCM-2D solver (from the D-Cubed Company). Full variational sketching supports locally constrained profiles and automatic constraints recognition, as well as auto-dimensioning of a sketch or of specified elements of a sketch. Direct input of dimensions is supported. Predefined contours include oblong, hexagons and key hole.
A post-sketch refinement of constraint sets with parameters and equations can be performed. PDG has the capacity to create construction elements, so as to simplify the definition of sketches and constraints.
- Offers Relational Design capabilities: PDG's modification management enables Sketch Wireframe or Surface Elements used in one existing feature to be replaced by another one. Sketch support (plane or face) can be changed. An assistant system manages the deletion impact, allowing parents and children to be deleted and features to be replaced or re-routed. Another assistant manages the modification impact, showing the geometry to be replaced and highlighting bodies to be updated. It has the capability to isolate features, keeping the geometry alone without any history.
Flexible post-design and local 3D parameterization offers the ability to add design constraints either during the feature creation or after the design is completed, by adding 3D constraints across the features. Under-constrained designs are allowed and over constrained designs are possible. In such cases, CATIA will alert the user, asking for a decision on which constraint to remove.
PDG's Part Structure Editor makes it easier to understand designs and make changes to the design. The reuse of a part shape within another part facilitates concurrent engineering.
- CATIA V4 Interoperability: PDG is interoperable with CATIA Version 4 applications and data. V5 parts can be used by CATIA V4 (requiring V4 Release 2.0 Refresh 1). Existing V4 designs can be migrated to V5.