Design parts in a highly productive and intuitive environment.
CATIA - Part Design 1 (PD1) product for CATIA-P1 offers a new generation CATIA product for part design with one interface on NT and UNIX.
The "smart-solid" design kernel combines feature based design with the flexibility of Boolean approach, offering a highly productive, intuitive solution enabling multiple design methodologies.
CATIA - Part Design 1 (PD1) product can used with other CATIA V5 applications such as: Assembly Design, Generative Drafting, Wireframe & Surface.
- Provides an Associative, feature based hybrid modeler
- Incorporating thread specifications, on hole definitions and circular pads and holes
- Includes Flexible, post-design 3D parameterization
- Creates Sketches and 3D designs in assembly context
- Makes designs easier to understand across the entire enterprise with Part Structure Editor, speeding up initial design and changes
- Expanded hybrid modeling capability with surface and shape design products
- Gives a broad range of features, duplication and translation capabilities to manage all definition and change scenarios.
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Feature-based, Hybrid Modeling: PD1 performs associative feature based hybrid modeling, involving either IGES or CATIA V5 surfaces. Reference elements or geometrical specifications, including Points, Lines, Planes and Curves, generated by the CATIA Wireframe and Surface product, works within a V5 part design. Sketched features with perpendicular, multi-contoured profiles include Pads and Pockets Shafts, Grooves, Ribs, Slots and Stiffeners.
- Sketching and 3D Design: Sketching and 3D design is performed in an assembly context with user controlled associativity. Sketching and design in context of profiles and features is based on the DCM-2D solver (from the D-Cubed Company). Full variational sketching supports locally constrained profiles and automatic constraint recognition. Direct input of dimensions is supported.
A post-sketch refinement of constraint sets with parameters and equations can be performed. PD1 has the capacity to create construction elements, so as to simplify the definition of sketches and constraints.
- Modification Management: PD1's modification management enables Sketch Wireframe or Surface Elements used in one existing feature to be replaced by another one. Sketch support (plane or face) can be changed. An assistant system manages the deletion impact, allowing 'parents and children' to be deleted. Another assistant system manages the modification impact, showing the geometry to be replaced and highlighting bodies to be updated. It has the capability to isolate features, keeping the geometry alone without any history.
Flexible post-design and local 3D parameterization offers the ability to add design constraints either during the feature creation or after the design is completed, by adding 3D constraints across the features. Under-constrained designs and over constrained designs are possible. In such cases, CATIA will alert the user, asking for a decision on which constraint to remove.
PD1's Part Structure Editor makes it easier to understand designs and makes changes to the design. The reuse of a part shape within another part facilitates concurrent engineering.