Provide advanced capabilities for Casting or Forging preparation to improve the productivity in the detailed design of the rough part, insuring manufacturability.
CATIA - Cast & Forged Part Optimizer 2 (CFO) is an new add-on for Part Design 2 (PDG) dedicated to the detailed design of molded & forged parts. CATIA - Cast & Forged Part Optimizer 2 (CFO) delivers advanced part design functions that extend the power of Dress-up features. These advanced functions are based on innovative and unique patented technology that provides significant gains in quality and productivity. Dedicated to the Casting and Forging process, this new add-on is totally integrated into the entire CATIA V5 application portfolio. Users can finish their design with CATIA - Part Design 2 (PDG), avoiding the need to make repetitive use of Surface & Wireframe operations. The user benefits from improved robustness, higher productivity (fewer clicks), greater stability following design changes ; and a reduction in prerequisite learning activity.
- Gives users robustness and productivity
- Provides a new competitive usability on the market by delivering advanced functionalities dedicated to Casting and Forging processes.
- Extends CATIA portfolio to cover final design steps and contributes to the end-to-end process
Product Key Customer Benefits
- Gives users robustness and productivity: The product can do automatically in one step what the user would normally do manually in several steps. These new capabilities replace manual operations with automated, integrated functions. Productivity is improved by reducing user interaction and repetitive "try and test" cycles. CFO's high level, advanced dress-up features demonstrate the power of the CATIA V5 geometrical modeler to avoid complex geometrical operations by integrating the mathematical algorithms to simplify and automate user operations. Beyond helping to avoid errors, these algorithms capture knowledge and design intent.
- Provides a new competitive usability on the market by delivering advanced functionalities dedicated to Casting and Forging processes: CATIA - Cast & Forged Part Optimizer 2 (CFO) ensures the conformity of molded and forged parts to manufacturing requirements. The application provides direct access to such advanced capabilities as advanced draft both sides, advanced sewing, and variable Edge Fillet Cliff Edge.
- Extends CATIA portfolio to cover final design steps and contributes to the end-to-end process: In addition to delivering significant productivity gains, total integration within the CATIA V5 portfolio of applications extends end-to-end process coverage to include a comprehensive solution to cover the end-to-end casting and forging processes. It can be used with such powerful products as its prerequisite CATIA - Part Design 2 product for 3D design in assembly contexts. Its sewing capabilities can be extended by using it in conjunction with CATIA - Generative Shape Design 2 (GSD).